Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all heard the old adage.."one bad aple,spoils the bunch". Well, as much as it pains me to do this,I feel I owe it to the brotherhood of collectors to be informed!!!! Over a week ago I made a trading deal with "GoFastRacing"
Real name Thomas Barth of Howe, Indiana. He claims to be collecting Nascar diecast now, and amoung the deal I was getting a gift for my sons birthday(which was this last fri 6Th). I sent over 2500.00 worth of diecast cars of every scale to him and yet to this date April 9th 2007 I still have not gotten one thing in return from GofastRacing. I spoke with him a number of times on messenger and he claimed to have sent the package out...yet day after day he fails to come up with a tracking number for it. Then he said he came back 'cause he failed to place my town,and zip code and he would have it over nite delivered. Yet still NOTHING CAME!!My son's birthday,and the weekend followed,has come and gone and those of you with kids can relate, how bad I felt not to have the presant for him I so planned on! He' said its ok, but I know he was looking forward to a gift and the surprise I have ben telling him about..only to be let down.
Tom had said he has gotten my package ect, yet nothing has come from his end. I am on a limited income as a Veteran with a disability, and this guy takes advantage of my trust, and our forum for his own personal gain.
Now I understand, sometimes things come up,problems arise,and so on...but as far as I am concerned, if you have the time to be online every day or nite during those problems, you have enough time to send a simple email, or IM with a tracking number, UNLESS...of course your trying to blow the guy off without paying.
My advice to my diecast brothers, sisters,and such,AVOID DOING BUSSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!!!
I truely felt he was sincere and honest, and now I'm out some damn good money-making diecast.
If he finally makes good and send the stuff promised I'll inform everyone as best I can.I really hate doing this, but its the first step,other then sending some 'friends" looking for him,to kick his butt and get my stuff back.
So.. be informed,always check on who your dealing with,and lets keep HT a place where "friends" and enthusiest can chat,post ,and deal in good faith!!!
Here is his profile page.....
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/member.php?find=lastposter&t=181058

Thanks for hearing me out and God Speed!!!!
GreyWolf

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thomas Barth Howe, Indiana liar, cheat and thief!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain my friend. I too am a disabled vet on a very limited income. I sent Thomas a bunch of winner,s circle and Racing Champion,s stuff a few weeks ago as a sign of friendship. That was before i found out this guy is a thief and a liar!! I just signed on and tried to i,m him and GUESS WHAT?? He signed off!!:mad: What an asshole. Well i WAS going to send him a few more items, like winner,s circle and racing champion,s stuff, but he sure as hell ain,t getting anything from me now!! Thomas, i hope you are reading this, or you do read this. I sent you some items FREE of charge, and only asked for my postage back(doubt i will get that), but you know what it,s worth it to find out what a scumbag liar you are!! Keep on burning bridges Thomas and pretty soon you will find out you are out of bridges to burn. Don,t e-mail or i,m me because i am not interested in doing business with a lying thief, nuff said. Russell Adams:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just sent you an e mail, U might find intresting. If you want to email or Im me on yahoo you'll have the info. Im same as email.
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK ALL..THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED!!!
i GOT A PACAGE FROM UPS TODAY YES 1 PACKAGE (when Tom said 3) IN IT WAS THE SURIUS RADIO 9without any book or info on set up or the activation card) a motorcross helmet and a 1/64 winners circle( pagage all bent to shit) pardon my french. Good thing I'm not a big Bobby Labonte fan. ;(
He was suppose to send back the 1/18th Davey allison b&w car i sent him, along with a Carl Edwards "scotts" car and a 1/24 Mustang GTR.
Looks to me like I was taken advantage of and I'm glad I have everything printed out to go to the authorities. I also sent and email to a very close friend of mine with a 'certain" motorcycle club, who will be making a few contacts in the Indiana chapter I'm sure!!!! And it took damn near 2 weeks after I sent his package just to get this stuff!!! no more Thomas!!! I am done dealing with you and you will get what you rightly deserve. I also gave my friend a list amount of what was sent to you,so if one of the guys contacts you bes have some "cash" at the ready!! Providing your not sitting in the crowbar hotel by then!!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL "81"!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i had a friend who got screwed out of about $500.00 by a guy in california, on an ebay sale. well, we live in maryland, so the guy in california i guess figured, no big deal.
well, my buddy just happened to be going to california on vacation that summer. and he went with everything documented from ebay to the local police.
went to the guys house with the county sheriff in california. the guy was arrested and taken to jail. since my buddy was on vacation he dropped the charges when the guy paid him. but, the local authorities took the documents and charged him. last we heard the guy was to go to trial for among other things, mail fraud. some big trouble.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thomas Barth, Howe Indiana

Just an update on my dealing,s with Thomas. We have none. I sent him some old 1/64 scale winner,s circle and racing champions auto,d hood, stuff like that,(not very valuable). Anyway Thomas had agreed to re-imburse my postage for the RAOK, which was fine with me. That was several week,s ago, and 0 postage as of 04/19/07, the mail hasn,t ran today yet. He also went in and posted bad feedback to my username , even though we DIDN,T have a trade. In all fairness, i posted - feedback first. He did go in the next day and post + feedback, but the - is still there!! He has tried to i,m me a few time,s and i ignore him, just like he did me. WON,T deal with Thomas again. Just my 02 cent,s, Russ :roll:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't blame ya Russ. I'm done with his bull crap myself!!!! I personally think they should bann him from HT and any other trader site!! I hope between yours and my dealings with him everyone takes heed and avoids his bull.
Nick

·
Banned
64 Posts
I have attempted numerous times to make it right but he keeps complaing! saying he is going to come up where and physcuially harm me! if i have to i will contact his local and state police for harassment! or he has the option to talk to me so i can send him back some of his cars!!!

either or!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GOD THIS GUY IS UNREAL!!!! fIRST i HAVE better things to do with my life then to go hunt down a freak'n theif and get psyical with him. NOT WORTH MY TIME!! This guy claims that a freak'n ipod I can buy at my local walmart for 99.00 is "EQUAL" PAYMENT FOR OVER 1000+ DOLLARS WORTH OF CARS ECT!!!
hE HAS LIED ABOUT UPS ,LIED ABOUT A SURIUS LIFETIME MEBERSHIP,ABOUT INS FOR LOST ITEMS!!!Then when you ask him for info or a way to make things right he dissapears offline for days!!!!
SAVE YOURSELF ANY HEADACHES PEOPLE DO NOT DO BUSSINESS WITH HIM...IF YOUR SMART AND HE CONTACTS YOU ABOUT AN ITEM.PUT HIM ON YOUR IGNORE LIST!!!
I AM DONE WITH HIM AND HIS CHILDISH,CROOKED GAMES AND NO LONGER WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM!!!
Sorry for those who have to read his rambleings,ect, and I don't mean to make this sound like a 'catfight" but I feel my 'FRIENDS" Here deserve to be warned of these kinds of people lime TB.!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts