Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing the following as an error when I go to click on it. I also do not see a thumbnail. Any ideas as what may be happening? No pop-up stopper and I've tried 3 computer so far. 1-winXP and 2-Win2000.

I am seeing a red "x" with "click image for larger version" text when I click the thumbnail, I get a "The Page Cannot be displayed" message.

Attached Thumbnails

Attached Thumbnails

attachment.php?attachmentid=10787

FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=Click image for larger versio"attachment.php?attachmentid=10787

------------Any suggestions?----------

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've tried this from an Ameritech/SBC account and it appears ok.

The issue seems to happen inside a firewall here(business/corp). Since I work with these people I asked and of course I've been told nothing should have been changed.

Hank, If you have insight as to what the proxy/firewall may be doing here I will take the issue back with our IS manager as we are having other issues that I'd like to resolve.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
I have our site set up so any graphics posted can only be displayed on one of our web pages. I do this by examining the Referer (the web site that ask to display the graphic) and if your browser does not return hobbytalk.com as the web page that calls the graphic, it won't display.

We do this because people were posting their pictures on our web site and then displaying those pictures on their own web site, on eBay and other forums. This started to drive our bandwidth through the roof.

When using a proxy server (which many companies do) your browser actually connects to the proxy server and then the proxy server contacts the web site you want to look at. In the process the referer gets changed from hobbytalk.com to the proxy server name... thus the graphics don't show. The proxy server can be setup to pass through the referer, it just depends if your IS department would make the configuration change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts