Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ihave not seen a post in a while, so i did not know how to contact you otherwise..

I know you have a good place with PRS, so i figured i would ask you.. If you have been following brushles racing, you know its getting huge, and it wil be the future.. Along with brushless racing comes the need to run very large pinions.. On my car at the last race i ran a 120 52 pinion, on a med size track in 13.5 but with HD pod plates... anyway...here is my question/ concern,,]

The asociated pod plates dont allow a huge amount of gear options due to motor movement.. My guess is when we go from carpet to our 365 back track, the gearing needed might not fit on the ae style pod plates.. The other reasoning is velodrome racing.. i have not seen anyone make a spur gear under 88 teeth, sing the old robinsons, back in the day.. they had gears in the 68-75 tooth range if i remeber right.. Is it possible to get PRS to start making some small spurs in this range< or at least one? mabye even someything in the 75-80 range.. anyhoo i would have emailed you but i dont have your email..

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would love something in the 75-80 tooth range done by PRS. 44/88 just doesn't fit well :freak:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Tornado_Racing said:
Keep the interest coming guys so post your thoughts. I will tell you this, we can only go so small before teeth start getting in the way of diff ball holes.
It would probably end up being a 8 diff ball spur.. I still use quite a few spurs, with only 8 diff bal holes, and they work just fine.. Plus being a smaller gear. it wouldnt need the 12 ball holes..

I have an old robinson one, that i can send you tony, so you can see what im talking about better,, The teeth arent the best, but its enough to get the gist.. lemme know

·
Registered
878 Posts
Robinson makes 78,81 &85.I like the PRS pinions just would like to see a couple of spurs smaller than 88.With brushless 4300 running at the velodrome next year just wondering how much gear they will need.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
A couple of our drome racers have in their collection some very small spurs...don't remember who's they are but they are quite a bit smaller than my 88's.

Thankfully PRS makes the HUGE pinions, that has helped a bunch on the VELO's already.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
This is from the Robinson's web site

Part # Description Price
4178 Super 64 Pitch 78 Teeth machined spur gear $6.95
4181 Super 64 Pitch 81 Teeth machined spur gear $6.95
4185 Super 64 Pitch 85 Teeth machined spur gear $6.95

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
After all these years Associated should be looking at all the other pan car manufactures and redesign the motor plate so you can get some gear on thats what turns me off about the cars they work great you just can't get any gear on. thats my two cents .

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
JH Racing,

Try Jake's Performance Hobbies to see if they still have any of the IRS Extended Pod Plates avail. He was selling them for about 25 bucks for the black annodized ones.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
JH Associated says there is no market for pancars anymore I bet they never come out with a L5o or any kind of up grades for the L4o.

Jake

1 - 20 of 27 Posts