Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great kit! A well welcome re-issue. Starting off doing some sub-assembly on the kit starting with the body. The locator pins are basically non existence just like the Aurora kit. The fit is real good without the pins all you will need is some liquid glue and clamps for a good bond:thumbsup: I have no complaint about the kit it is going to be a fun build, when I get Blackbeard assembled and sanded I will have to address the seam down the middle of the torso with Aves:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Great kit! A well welcome re-issue. Starting off doing some sub-assembly on the kit starting with the body. The locator pins are basically non existence just like the Aurora kit. The fit is real good without the pins all you will need is some liquid glue and clamps for a good bond:thumbsup: I have no complaint about the kit it is going to be a fun build, when I get Blackbeard assembled and sanded I will have to address the seam down the middle of the torso with Aves:thumbsup:
I completely asssembled everything on mine last night. Only took a couple of hours. Ill post pics tonight or tomorrow. Great kit

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
thanks guys would love to see some pics, we truly made a replica of the original right down to the locator pins. I would glue the shoulder strap on the back first let it dry completely maybe use super glue, this way you can align it to the front a little better. How do you like the colors we molded it in?

Pete.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
thanks guys would love to see some pics, we truly made a replica of the original right down to the locator pins. I would glue the shoulder strap on the back first let it dry completely maybe use super glue, this way you can align it to the front a little better. How do you like the colors we molded it in?

Pete.
Cool colors, although wont really make a difference once painted. I superglued and used accelerator for the strap , and to mount the guns to the strap. The only problem thing I see is the small hook for the lantern makes it sit slanted as opposed to freely hanging. It rubs the steering wheel assembly. ill probably add some metal rings to extend it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I assembled mine a few days ago- the main sub-assemblies were done with testors tube glue for a pemanent bond and the extremities (arms, legs, head etc) were done with with a dab of ZAP so I can break these parts loose later when I build and paint it in earnest. What a great kit with such a dinamic pose! Dont see poses like THAT anymore!
Few small seams that will need to be addressed later along with a bit of work on his two little chin beard "tails" that are somewhat soft in detail (cant remember if the Aurora had this or not- probably) where they attach to the arm/head but other than that a fantastic build. Had a lot of fun slapping it together "old school"!:thumbsup:
A great kit I never thought would see the light of day again and I hope they do the The Captain Kidd kit soon as well!
Great job Atlantis!:thumbsup::dude:
James Webb

·
Registered
558 Posts
Kudos Atlantis!! Brings back memories of the old Aurora kits. After this homerun, I can't wait to build the other figure kits on your schedule. What a blast!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah, I did mine wrong as well. Thanks for the model building lesson MEGA.:thumbsup: But in my defense, I've only been building models for 40 years so...:p

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
You guys are rocking with this kit, it's such a great feeling when the prep work is done and your are ready for finish paint, nothing quite like it. I would like to try him in some different color schemes, maybe purple jacket, and white, blue and white and black and light gray. Great job everyone! Atlantis appreciates the support.

Pete

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
got his pistol's on and did take styrene strip and made some holster loops so they don't look like they on his belt hanging by magic:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
got his pistol's on and did take styrene strip and made some holster loops so they don't look like they on his belt hanging by magic:thumbsup:
I thought they were held on with the same method as the Star trek Phaser and communicator :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Took some Aves blue and resculpted the beard that connects to the shoulder beard braids and touched up my holster loops. Next took some scrap styrene tube and made the muzzle's for the pistols:thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wouldn't those custom holster loops as shown, prevent the guns from actually being drawn/used? The trigger guard would hit the loops it seems.

Still nice progress work so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

BTW - MEGA1... I ordered two of these kits over half a year ago from local comic shop, via Diamond Distrib., a pre-order basically. My comic shop emailed me three weeks ago that my order was cancelled, due to Diamond canceling all orders due to lateness. So I'm out of getting these locally.

Do you know if Diamond will solicit these once more?

Regards,

Geoff

1 - 20 of 49 Posts