Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the high banked, very fast, and incredbly fun Atlantic RC Speedway. Located Off 101 highway, Tracy New Brunswick. Track is owned and operated By Andrew Phillips. This facility is brand new. Just want to thank him on behalf of the racers of the facility for his hard work and time put into the track, and to all of the racers who donated there time to help out with the construction.

We run 1/10 scale Pan Car's. 17.5 1 cell lipo truck which is beginner division, 13.5 modified SK, 13.5 sportsman spec class and 13.5 pro stock class open esc's which is a more advanced division. There are a set of rules we follow for more info about rules contact Andrew (hobbytalk Name
280z)

Points racing is evrey Friday night starting at 7pm, practice starts earlier at 1230 pm. (Scehedule subject to change).

So come on out see what its all about and dont forget to have fun!!!!

Free is fast, loose is a handful

·
Registered
76 Posts
Videos from ARCS

I have uploaded some videos from the first race on January 1st and January 8th check them out here --> Click Me!!

I'm still working on the points and I will get those updated shortly.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyway that we can get away from racing the clock in the feature? So we dont have any mix ups like we did on Friday.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nope.

There are other ways we can set up the computer so it doesn't happen or we will just line up on the back stretch for the feature. We will try other things next time we race.

Right now we have to figure out how we want to do the points. How many for first and second and so on?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so techniquly were not racing each other in the feature, were still racing the clock rite? That wont change?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No, we are racing each other in the feature. The problem with the finals on last Friday night was that you and Jody hit the start line in under 2 seconds which is the minimum lap time, therefore your lap did not count. Who ever was in 3rd, 4th, etc... all pass the start line after 2 seconds so their first lap counted.

I'm going to change an option in the system to correct that problem or we will probably just line up on the back stretch and start the mass start from there. That will probably be the best bet.

The problem with this is that we will technically have a track record for qualifying and also a track record for the feature. We will probably only keep track of the lap times for the qualifying since all drivers will be on their own clock and it would be more consistent.

Remember that during the feature/Mains and you are on the lead lap you do not have to let the faster cars go by, as long as you do not take them out. If you are not on the lead lap then you should let the faster cars have the inside lane. During qualifying the faster car always has the right away around the track.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if you start be hind me in the feature, and you finish behind me but closer to me than wat you started and your overall time is better, would the comp show you ahead of me in the feature?

·
Registered
76 Posts
In the feature race there is only one clock running and that is started after the 10 beeps of the computer and ends 4 minutes afterworth. In order to win the feature you have to pass all of the drivers in front of you. It does not work like qualifying where everyone has their own clock.

On friday we had the computer set incorrectly, so the first 2 drivers were too close to the start line and their first lap did not count. The remaining drivers were slower than 2 seconds so their first lap did count and that is why the computer showed what it did.

On Friday we will try to set the computer up differently and see what happens.

·
Registered
891 Posts
So far the racing has been extremely close:thumbsup: We also have most guys figuring out how to drive the track very quickly.:thumbsup: This coming Friday we will start the mains on the back stretch. If anyone is interested in coming to race from out of town, PM me & we'll make arrangements to race on Saturday to allow for travel time. I didn't plan on having a trophy race this year, however, if there is enough interest I would plan for one. We'll keep everyone posted on updates and hoping soon to have a website.

Andrew Phillips
Atlantic RC Speedway

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just called ya a few mins ago but got the machine, just wanted to tell you that someone has done up a SR Paint scheme on the thread Pics of your cars. Looks good but i would have moved the 3 on the door panel closer to the rear quater panel. line the bottom of the 3 with the piller betwen the side windows. Ill be emailing you the receits today for my stull as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just looking at some videos on YouTube and the track looks great. What are the dimensions of it? How wide are the straights? What is the degree of banking? The local group I race with in Illinois is talking about doing something like this next fall and I wanted to gather some more information about your track.

Thanks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was just looking at some videos on YouTube and the track looks great. What are the dimensions of it? How wide are the straights? What is the degree of banking? The local group I race with in Illinois is talking about doing something like this next fall and I wanted to gather some more information about your track.

Thanks.
The track size is 24 feet wide by 55 feet long with 8 deg banking in the straights & 14 deg banking in the corners. The run line is approx. 105 feet long. The straightaways are 9.5 feet wide & the corners are just over 7 feet wide in the very center. By narrowing the corners the track kind of feels like progressive banking allowing drivers to run different lines. A track like this could be built temporarily (ie: snowbirds) by covering the existing floor with two layers of interlocking plywood. Hope this helps. This was the first time for me building a track but was relatively straightforward as I drew the entire track on CAD prior to construction.

Andrew Phillips
Atlantic R/C Speedway

·
Registered
2 Posts
Andrew,

Thank you for the information. Our area that we have to work with is 24 x 40. We've been discussing what we could race in there, but no one really wanted to buy 1/18 scale cars to run on a road course or offroad. We've now agreed on an oval, but now we are talking about putting in banking as well. After seeing the videos and the close racing that is going on at your track, I think it makes it easier for our club to envision what our finished track will look like.

Do you have any pictures of the construction process? I know some people in our club would be interested to see what's under the carpet.

Thanks again,
Jon Toussaint

·
Registered
95 Posts
Andrew,

Thank you for the information. Our area that we have to work with is 24 x 40. We've been discussing what we could race in there, but no one really wanted to buy 1/18 scale cars to run on a road course or offroad. We've now agreed on an oval, but now we are talking about putting in banking as well. After seeing the videos and the close racing that is going on at your track, I think it makes it easier for our club to envision what our finished track will look like.

Do you have any pictures of the construction process? I know some people in our club would be interested to see what's under the carpet.

Thanks again,
Jon Toussaint
bump hope to see some pics if you have some! track looks great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
891 Posts
We had a great night of racing this past Friday night. We ran 6 guys in the A-main. 4 guys ran 71 laps, 2 were slightly off that pace. The track is working out great! follow this link to view some pic's.http://picasaweb.google.com/ztraartz/ARCSAtlanticRCSpeedway?feat=email#
I was a little concerned because I made the corners narrower than the straight and the straights are 9'-8" wide but we've had very few on track incidents requiring marshalls. Look for a website soon.

thanks,
Andrew Phillips
Atlantic R/C Speedway

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
very easy to get out of the way for the leaders on this track, there are two racing lanes with the outside being a lil bit slower which makes it easiers for us slow guys out of there way.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wat do you guys think about sticking with 6 spots in the A main evrey week, casue each one that we have had 6 has been a realy good race. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 362 Posts