Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been fascinated by the walkers in the Star Wars movies. They were just so masive, and so unstopable! I love playing Star Wars Battlefront on Playstation and being the Empire on Hoth just so I can operate one!! LOL! (OK, I'm a total goof...I admit it...) This AMT kit is a bear to work with, but got the basics done in Tamiya Haze Grey, and now I'm going over it with the airbrush to add some weathering. I'm using "Sculpting a Galaxy" for reference photos, it's excellent if you don't own a copy! First some rust added to the joints...Black is next to grease it all up....

Please try to ignore the glare off my bald-ass head....:rolleyes:

More to come tomorrow.....Happy Halloween all! :wave:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yeah Tim, Sculpting a Galaxy is a GREAT book isn't it?!

Like Tim says, if you ain't got it, get it.

AT-AT lookin' good too. The FORCE Tim, use the FORCE...( see,you aren't the only goof)

hal9001-

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some updated photos after going over it with black and then white. I'll go in by hand now to add some more darker greasy area's and a bit more detail to it.

Hey check out the tiny little resin Imperial Probe Droid in the background of this shot. I'm still adding color and lot's more detail to go, but it's a super little kit with amazing detail for it's size!

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thats a water trap. Very helpful, especially with all the humidity we have to deal with in Florida! (No more explosive splats out of nowhere!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts