Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an extra Microscalextric Aston Martin DBR9 #5 DHL sponsored car, so I converted it to the straight Dynamite sponsored version.

To the original yellow DHL car, I added extra stickers and painted hightlights on the side roof and spoiler tips. Also added the sponsor to the sun screen. This car ran in the 2006 Spa 24 hours race.

The converted car has the red streaks on the roof and Dynamite logos added to the spoiler and back, as well as the new sunscreen. This car was raced in the 2006 FIA GT Championship Paul Richard.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Now with the wave of my magic wand & the magic words....Presto Change-O

Good stuff - looks like a factory deco :thumbsup:
That is what I was thinking untill reading GTPguys discription. Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Bob...Dynamite customs fur shure...zilla

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments.
I've always liked the realism of 1/32 race cars, so I thought I'd try to add some details to their smaller brothers to more closely approximate the real things. Plus, it's a good way to use duplicate bodies.

I would love to know how HO manufacturers decide which details and tampos to leave off of their models. I suppose it comes down to money and time, like everywhere else.

If they would just go that final extra step, I think the end result would be perceived much better. Here are some omissions that bug me.

-Like Like COT bodies without fender contingency logos (makes the cars look half naked)
-Short front splitter on the Life Like COT Ford Fusions (when the other models are OK)
-Unpainted driver helmet in the AFX Champ cars (detracts from the great body paint)
-Darth Vader drivers in the previous round of AFX Champ car bodies (ditto)

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts