Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the word on associated are they still gonna be making oval parts for the rc world ?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
DustinB said:
Whats the word on associated are they still gonna be making oval parts for the rc world ?
Rumor has it that they are not leaving the pan car market anytime soon. Parts might take longer to get, but they'll still be around

-E

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
newbie,they were sold to thunder tiger over a yr ago,been a bit hard to get a-arms and parts since.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
I think we already know what the answer is. Thunder Tiger bought them and ever since they have turned into Traxxas and the other RTR outfits. They forgot about their roots in oval racing. Alomost all L4 specific parts have been on backorder since Sept 2006. IT's a good thing that other oval companies make axles, shocks, hubs, diff rings etc. Soon Murdock and maybe others will have front end parts.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
The customer service is pathetic also. I sent a ESC in before Valentines day. I called them about 3 weeks later and they said they were waiting for a shipment of new ones to replace my broken one. 3 more weeks passed. I called them and the shipment was stuck in customs, but they said i would be getting a new one as soon as they are released. 12 days later they called me wanting $60 to cover the cost of repairing my old ESC that was still covered by the warranty. Well, it was still under the warranty period before Valentines day, the warranty expired while in their repair shop.

I'm done with them.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
wow scott that sucks man hope ya get it worked out, yea and how did associated let them buy em out, must have been a huge offer

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I was also told Associated changed the way OEM's could buy from them, and the way parts have to be ordered in advance or something..instead of being pulled from a STOCK of parts. TT wants to make things more efficient. (I've heard the pile of OLD STUFF that got tossed when they moved would have made some people CRY...not to mention the GARAGE SALE they had just a few weeks before they moved...and the discounted prices on the things they didn't want to take with them across town.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Puf19- I heard that as well. it makes me sad to think about what has happened to associated. remember when they used to advertise the original car as the "import fighter"?! Imagine that, they were proud to be an american company, and now they have sold us all out.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
swtour said:
I was also told Associated changed the way OEM's could buy from them, and the way parts have to be ordered in advance or something..instead of being pulled from a STOCK of parts. TT wants to make things more efficient. (I've heard the pile of OLD STUFF that got tossed when they moved would have made some people CRY...not to mention the GARAGE SALE they had just a few weeks before they moved...and the discounted prices on the things they didn't want to take with them across town.)
That is correct.

-Eric

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So whats gonna happen with the associated frontend thats the best frontend around you small companies should start planing how to design a new frontend cause i believe everyone is giving up on associated being associated what it is what will happen with the rc world I think it was a bad choice for the owner of associated they made there money on us for years and now they dont car anymore

1 - 18 of 18 Posts