Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts about this car? My friend has one, and I think it is a great car. What do you feel are its strengths and weaknesses?
JB

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Thoughts

Its the best stadium truck out there. Its strengths are fast acceleration and ok top speed great handiling way better than an evader. i dont really think it has any weaknesses but the evader has bad bad handiling compared to a t3.:wave: :lol:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, tony, I'm getting a new servo this weekend, so we'll see about that.

JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB, what kind? iv been looking into a new servo for a while.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smojoe said:
JB, what kind? iv been looking into a new servo for a while.
I'm going to get either a traxxas 2055 (the one used in the maxx trucks, I checked the dimensions and it's almost the same as the stock servo) or a hitec hs-625mg or a 645mg. Specs are as follows:

Traxxas 2055: 80 oz/in. torque, speed not posted on tower hobbies
hs-625mg: 93 oz/in, .13 sec. time at 6 volts
hs-645mg: 133 oz/in, .18 sec. time at 6 volts

So the servos in the evader get a full 6 volts from the esc/receiver, or do they get 4.8?
Is your new JR xr2 a 27 or 75 MHz? If it is a 75, do you have to have the module retuned, whenever you change the crystal?
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB-
i dont really know, but i think its 6.0. the jr is 75 and it came with its own cristals, so i dont think i have to do whatever you said.

·
Registered
779 Posts
just one set

G

·
I have a t3, and about the only thing that I see as a weakness, is the top plate on the servo saver. This can break very easily if you hit somehting at an angle with either front tire.

·
Registered
153 Posts
well, i must say that i started out with a rustler and after breaking almost everything on it lol i moved up to the T3, and i have had that for almost 3 months and am yet to break a thing "knock on wood"

·
Registered
79 Posts
The biggest weakness I've experienced on the T3 is the servo saver. Before a modification (explained below) I stripped out 3 sets of servo gears within one week. After the modification, servo gear sets stripped = 0.
Modification for servo saver...
disassemble the servo saver. The top piece, of the servo saver, which that looks something like \_/, take a file and round the lower edges of the corners. Those edges seem to catch on the lower piece that it sits in. Rounding the corners allows it to rotate easier, hence doing the job of the servo saver.
Once the corners are rounded, take some black grease and lightly lube the upper piece. Assemble the rest as normal.
If these directions are too vague, e-mail me and I'll send a better description.

Rick

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just got me a t3 but need a few things.
One is the battery brace, then a beter esc,a set of crystals, and set of offroad tires!
Hope to have it runing before winter :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow this is an old thread. The funny thing is is that I didn't actually start it. Speedy t3 racer was on my comp when i was signed on and made this thread so he could have a conversation with himself. Kinda lonely i think :rolleyes:

·
Registered
779 Posts
wow, I didnt know jack 2 years ago. Then again I sorta got "out" when I got "in" to computers, so I still dont know jack.. :freak:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol yeah I remember first getting into rc. Back then I didn't know team associated was a company, I thought a team assoicated kit was a kit associated with some racing team lol. Ahh, the old days...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well, just got my t3 almost runnable! need a ESC for it now. want a reversing model, but not sure whats out these days! :confused:

well, got me a lrp reversing esc in my t3 now...
In other news,just picked up a b3...needs a few things but will make a nice winter project

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well,its 2006,and alots hapened since last posting!

Gave the old t3 away, found the b3 has a bad diff. Gave away a tc3 too.
Picked up a new t3,built 4 $100. Friend has a XXT, but is getting a t3 soon..gonna try and trade the XXT for a gt. not totally sure on that yet. picked up a kyosho ultima, but not into it...so its up for sale/trade. also,killed my lrp esc....another thing to replace :rolleyes:

·
Registered
533 Posts
found a cool idea for ShortTrack racing
why not build a specific ride for it?? start with a buggy chasis,and make it into a truck?? that way u have a short track ride

1 - 20 of 25 Posts