Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright i have a hpi savage but i wanna get a electric off road and i was thinking of getting the rc10t4 because i think it is a good truck is it good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
The RC10T4 is a very good truck. I personally own a Losi XXXT Matt Francis 2 because of my aggressive driving style. Either or is good. I just preffer my truck because I personally like Losi better.......But thats just me. But the T4 is a very good truck and may be a very good successful choice for you. :thumbsup:

-Dustin K. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
IcpJuggalo said:
uhm.......As a losi owner myself.........no............

yea nice one lets make more people like you, why dont try giving him help instead of your views and what u like :freak: :freak:



ok here is what i would do go to your local hobbyshop and see what they carry parts for and what other people are running so u can get set up help :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
David Washburn said:
ok here is what i would do go to your local hobbyshop and see what they carry parts for and what other people are running so u can get set up help :thumbsup:
I have a T-4(my opion built for the racer) and love it. My friends have tried to convince me to buy a MF2(has more bang for the beginner but the FT T-4 is comming out) just so they can help me with set-ups. Most of the guys that I race with have Losi and I do not always have much help with set-ups. Ask a Losi guy and he will say Losi and an AE guy he will say AE but find what you can get the most help with and have the most parts available for repairs. Most hobby shops carry more of one brand than the other or equal amounts AE/Losi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
I had them both and still have a mf2... The t4 is a good truck great steering and really can take it out of the box and win.. But the question is how many steering arms and A arms are you gonna break... The mf2 is more aggresive and doesnt break and out accelerates the t4 honestly... There both good trucks and its tuff to say a better .. Wish ae would make a little better front end ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Jo jo FRY said:
. But the question is how many steering arms and A arms are you gonna break... Wish ae would make a little better front end ..
I haven't broke any A-arms yet but have broken both L/R steering arms(from too much contact with the tubes). and also problems with servo saver being overtightened-corrected with heavy duty spring, stock one to weak and I overtightened to compensate for lack of steering(stripped bell crank out twice before the problem was noticed). They should have put the heavy duty spring on at the factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
:eek: I been loyal to the Team Associated. I have a T3 now and I want to upgrade. That Matt Francis xxx 2 Is what I'm leaning towards. Also thanks to my friend Dustin. I know all of my local hobby shop are big in stocking Associated parts and Losi parts are harder to come by but I think it's a better truck. The t4 is to fragile thats what I love about my T3 it's tougher but the T4 is faster in the corners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Jo jo FRY said:
I had them both and still have a mf2... The t4 is a good truck great steering and really can take it out of the box and win.. But the question is how many steering arms and A arms are you gonna break... The mf2 is more aggresive and doesnt break and out accelerates the t4 honestly... There both good trucks and its tuff to say a better .. Wish ae would make a little better front end ..
Out accelerates? You must be crazy. Any truck weather it is AE or Losi is good. I run a T4 and am very fast usally an A- main contender every week just ask Dustin,David,and jim runnit. Set up is the key,driving skills make you win not the truck. Not just a FAST motor!!!!!!, DAVID W. :jest:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
Actually i am not crazy And i have the prove to back it up .. October of rc car action took 6 drivers and gave them a FT T4 and a Mf2 and they all said the same thing i did .. (quote the mf2 out accelerates the t4)and faster in the turns ..The t4 has a 2.61 tranny and the mf2 has a 2.56 hmmm Thats a lower drive transmission.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
Actually the T4 has a 2.60 tranny, same as B4, GT. But thats close.
The T4 should be more efficient. I use to have Losi vehicles and they made the motors work a little harder becuase of the ratio. Which meant frequent rebuilds on motors.
I think the reason the MF2 out accelerates the T4 is because of the lower ratio. The T4 seams to spin the wheels alot. :thumbsup:

Either one is an excellent choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
i have a friend that has a t4 and a friend that has the mf2 and it basically comes down to drivers skill they bothe drive pretty well and both truck are hooked up. Personally i like the original mfe xxx-t but the t-4 is also a very nice truck to drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
TOYMINATOR said:
Out accelerates? You must be crazy. Any truck weather it is AE or Losi is good. I run a T4 and am very fast usally an A- main contender every week just ask Dustin,David,and jim runnit. Set up is the key,driving skills make you win not the truck. Not just a FAST motor!!!!!!, DAVID W. :jest:

thanks for quoting me
:thumbsup: :jest:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
YOU can win with on any day with either one.The Losi is easier to drive(smoother transitions,better in the bumps)but it cannot be driven as
agressivly as a T4.The T4 is a little more quick to react to inputs which sometimes makes it harder to drive when comparing to the Losi.What you buy
is based on preference.I used to drive Losi but now I drive Associated.It just fits my style of driving better and I like the way it responds to chassis changes. Either one is a good platform to work with so buy what YOU want,not what
people are telling you to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
motrcitygearhead said:
YOU can win with on any day with either one.The Losi is easier to drive(smoother transitions,better in the bumps)but it cannot be driven as
agressivly as a T4.The T4 is a little more quick to react to inputs which sometimes makes it harder to drive when comparing to the Losi.What you buy
is based on preference.I used to drive Losi but now I drive Associated.It just fits my style of driving better and I like the way it responds to chassis changes. Either one is a good platform to work with so buy what YOU want,not what
people are telling you to.
thank you that was probably the most inspirational and helpful post yet. and i think ill still stick with the t4.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top