Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you use a associated front spring do you just let the spring sit agianst the e-clip and pivot ball?

·
Dialed
3,384 Posts
Yes.....

But I'm sure someone will say to use Retainers in between...

I have no problems, no binding without Retainers... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
When iran hem i put a small plastic shim between the lower ball and the spring.. To me this kept it from bindng on the ball..

·
Dialed
3,384 Posts
Mike, I'm sure the spring won't bind against the pivot ball since it's sitting right on the spring, but the spring can bind against the King pin if you not careful, and not Lube it Properly.... :dude:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
In a pinch use the phenolic motor shim that comes in stock motors. Ream it so it doesnt rub the K-pin 1/8th is just right. Covers the whole ball/pivot and keeps all the crap out and a nice flat surface, works great. On the botton ant thin shim will do depending on the Amt of pre-load you need.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I personnaly put a retainer between the spring and the bottom a-arm so the force is applied directly on the bottom a-arm and not thru the pivot ball. First thing you'll notice by using a retainer is that the pivot ball is a lot less stressed under load and that it is likely to last longer.

Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts