Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone know for sure if the Associated p/n 8316 would work on the 10L3 with a dampener disc setup? The 10L3 manual shows the p/n as 8315 but this is not a dampener plate. The pic in the 10L2O manual shows the same plate as the one in the L3 manual

Any help thanks

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You need to look for the 10L3 Touring edition manual. There were 2 versions of that car and one used a single shock and a dampner plate. The 10L3 oval and 10L3 Touring Team version used a different upper plate designed for side shocks. The upper plate from a 10L3 oval might work, but you would have to figure out something with lower cross brace to mount the dampner post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, if you look at the two manuals, the same dampener p/n is used when the disc is used. I was asking to double check the manual cause it does not make a whole lot of sense to me.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I believe that Associated not only made the L3t (Touring) but it seems to me they made more of an entry level L3 too that used the dampers instead of the side shocks. (Which looked close to the L2 to me...but I think the geometry was different a little)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
yep it also had a fiberglass chassis.. It didnt tke off, so from what i understand it didnt get alot of production..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts