Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may give foams another whirl soon,what would be a good compound for a 200ft.,flat asphalt,sugarwater coated track? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
We always ran pink rears & purple fronts. If the track has a lot of bite a red right front may work and maybe purple rears . T&M makes a great asphalt tire, the 35 is compareable to a purple but it doesn't get real gummy and make the car traction roll like purples can. The 35 fronts work well if nitro cars run on the track.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
the last few times i run asphalt flat track, i always ran my best times with BSR double pinks rears and left front and a double purple right front. if your loose coming off put a pink left rear on, always a fast setup for me. good luck mike

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Danny-We run alot of flat asphalt out west
here's a good starting point with durometer #'s
rf-purple 52
lf-purple 45
lr-pink 38-40
rr-pink 40 sometimes if the bite is stout purple 43
Basically the same deal as Mike said but we're on Murdocks stuff..

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
KOZ said:
rf-purple 52
lf-purple 45
lr-pink 38-40
rr-pink 40 sometimes if the bite is stout purple 43
I've run this tire setup at Classic hobbies with BSR tires
worked well

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
As long as you can get forward bite out of the pink/purple rears, that is what I would run.

I struggled all summer to get forward bite out of the pinks, and found BSR Green rears with a stiffer setup in the center was faster than soft setup and pink rears. And Tire wear was about the same per run.

Oh and for fronts LF - BSR Purple and RF - BSR Double purple all the way

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK,thanks guys for the info,btw,it is a race in Savannah Ga.on the 13-14 of Nov at a track called Anthony's exit 102 off I-95

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
That's the one! Danny, glad to hear you might make it down, it's been quite a while. Are you running 19t?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts