Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Art Asylum lists several retailers on their website but I can't find any Enterprises at any of them. Has anyone here boughjt one of their starships at a store, not mailorder? I'd really like to see one before buying one. What retailers actually have them in their stores?

TIA

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I've gotten most of mine at Toys R Us, but they usually don't last on the shelves. That said, I haven't seen the TOS Enterprise yet.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Other than the A, E and the NX, what other Art Asylum ships are there? I thought it was just the TOS E that was coming out.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
TOS E is scheduled to be out in the next couple of weeks. That is the current release news. You can still get an Enterprise "E" at New Force Colectibles http://www.newforcecomics.com/ However the NX-01 is unavailable at this time. Rumor has it their next ship will be the Enterprise "D" if sales of TOS Enterprise are good.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
The only Art Asylum stuff I've seen in regular stores is the NX-01. I've never seen any of the others in other than online stores or speciality stores, such as comics and collictables shops.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would submit that for an asking price of $25, you could hardly go wrong. I'm sure that their TOS E will not be perfect but equally sure that you would get your moneys worth. I have seen the NX-01 which is very well made and although I could not comment on its level of accuracy, it appears to me to be worth the price.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here, I thought the E-E was already out. I guess I'll check back in a month at TRU. I have the 1701-A and it was a pretty decent replica but I wanted to see the paint scheme on the E-E before buying one. I look forwad to the E-D as long as they don't get carried away with the aztecing, lifeboats, etc.

Now, if only they'd finish up the Enterprise line and also give us a Reliant and Defiant. I'd save Voyager for last.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought my NX-01 and E-A at Toys R Us. Been a looooooong time though.
My wife just got me the Enterprise-E from Ebay.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Griffworks said:
I've never seen any of the others in other than online stores or speciality stores, such as comics and collictables shops.
That's 'cause they got guys that check Toys R Us every morning!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think Tom Sasser was involved in the master for the Art Asylum TOS Enterprise. That's more than enough for me to think it will be the best of Art Asylum's ships to date, by a wide margin.

Huzz

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all of the links to distributors. I was hoping for a nation wide store that I may actually see one before buying it. SunCoast, TRU, etc. in my area just don't carry them. I was thinking about buying them, creating better stands, and displaying them. I'm also hoping AA will actuall make the less popular Enterprises B, C to have the complete line. I missed out on the Cpt. Archer version and the E-A. If anyone here has them, please describe them in fit and finish. How would they compare to an amateur modeler's result with a kit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the E-E and the NX-01 of the Art Asylum line and I like them both. Overall, they are pretty good looking, considering they're "toys."

They both have some flaws to them, of course. The E-E is missing some details, like a couple of rows of lifeboats. The paint jobs of both of them are quite good, in my opinion, but they neglected to paint the nacelle struts of the E-E and the shuttlebay doors on the NX-01. Both of which can be solved with a bit of touch-up paint though. Also, the overall color of the E-E is off.

About the nacelles: the E-E's nacelles only light up in the bussard collectors (the red part), and the NX-01's are rather easy to pop off. I'm in the process of adding LEDs to both of them so that they look better.

I'm thinking of buying the Polar Lights NX-01, and I will probably use the AA for reference as I work on it/paint it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts