Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have news on whether this is still on track (or not) for a March release? I've got one on order and haven't heard anything new one way or another since its release was last pushed back from last November to this March.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Considering their past of being half arsed in their detailing of their toys (yes, I know it's a TOY....:) ), I'm going to reserve judgement if I will buy one or not until I see it in a store.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
As far as I know it will still be out in March.............
But as far as seeing it in a store, you wont because they wont be at your local Wally-world, Target, or TRU or anywhere like that. Best to order on line. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I poked around the Art Asylum site a few weeks ago and man is it LOUSY in providing information easily!!

However, after persistently wading through posts on their forums, I did find a discussion about this. The consensus is that the TOS E will be here some time in March. 2007 too!! ;)

Huzz

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Well, ya know, the same guy designed it who did the Polar Lights Enterprises.

·
Starship Class
11,939 Posts
John P said:
Well, ya know, the same guy designed it who did the Polar Lights Enterprises.
Oh, yeah! I'd forgotten about that.

It does look really good. Is anybody (sponsor here or other modeling webite sponsors) we know going to carry it so we can buy "locally?" :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I trust Thomas' work without question. What has always bothered me is when AA goes into production with their toys, the detail is less than impressive. That is why I have not purchased their ship products up to this point. ( yes, I KNOW it is a toy, going to be banged up by kids, etc) However, when my local Newbury Comics gets them in (they told me they were), I'll check it out and make my decision then. Though I am encouraged Thomas has been involved. On a different note, I have always been impressed with their figures, and will purchase the Wrath of Khan figures without question. Wish they'd do as good a job on their ships.

·
Starship Class
11,939 Posts
Warped9 said:
I love having AA's TOS phaser. :thumbsup:
I concur: I have five or six of them and have bought a few as gifts. They can fairly easily be upgraded/converted into decent replicas with a little paint and putty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I posted some pictures of the ship form Toy Fair 2007 reports on this thread.

Looking carefully at these pages:

74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=1363
74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=2693
74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=2697

makes it look like we could get all three versions: first pilot, second pilot and production version. Given the penchant for repaints that AA/DST has shown, I'd almost expect to get these three versions over some time and even an ISS Enterprise some time later.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
I concur: I have five or six of them and have bought a few as gifts. They can fairly easily be upgraded/converted into decent replicas with a little paint and putty.
I wanted one of those, but never did see one around the loewr mainland (Vancouver, BC).

Brad.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Ig Gads!!!
Just when I thought my Star Trek collecting days were behind me.............................They come out with more & more interesting stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek:

·
Starship Class
11,939 Posts
Dr. Brad said:
I wanted one of those, but never did see one around the loewr mainland (Vancouver, BC).

Brad.
Re: AA phasers: They're still around and available via mail order. I think Cult has a few at his site and the ST:EXP site has them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts