Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just cleared a 5x20 space for the new track.. I want to do a 4 lane D Oval on the outer two lanes with the inner two lanes running with it in spots and breaking out into a road course...Need some ideas.. anyone up for the challenge?

Coach

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I like the idea too. Maybe have the inner lanes stay with the outer for the majority of the oval, so that you can replace just a couple pieces, and have a 4-lane oval whenever you want to.

With a couple more track swaps, you could convert the whole set-up to a lengthy 2- lane track, that utilizes both inner and outer lanes of the oval.

Hmmm....I'm going to have to work on this - sounds like it could be fun!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Coach - On a lock and joiner track, you could run two lanes outside and two lanes inside. On the inside lanes you could put a junction track - criss-cross - junction track. This would allow both lanes of the inside track to be switched onto the road course. You would have to have another criss-cross on the track somewhere. I did it with my four lane giving me a city streets / highway set up.
You would have a four lane oval just by have the switches open on the junction track.
If it isn't L & J track then you would have to change out tracks on the inside lanes.
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts