Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
arms

You go to you favorite winder and have them wind what you want. Timing, For modified you turn the endbell; for stock you can't(legally) advance the timing.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
rcdude216 said:
How do you rewind one and how do they tweak the com to advance the timming?
This would now be the third thread you have started asking how to illegally modify the motor. Maybe you would be interested in how to build a good motor legally?

·
Registered
88 Posts
With just help from a couple of guys who knew more than I did about set up and such I have taken more time off of my runs than I am sure I ever could have with a faster motor or better electronics any where. I even ran what I would say is my worst motor last week and matched my fastest lap time, but even whith what I think is my better motors I have been doing the same old thing to them and have picked up speed just from set up and no where else. If you are using quality electronics then what they say about the money having to be spent seems to me like more of trand chasing than speed chasing. I ran one of those fast laps with a 3800 from last year. It may be a little expensive to get started in say the 4 celll stock, but after that it is in small things and set up that only take time and pratice and trial and error to find out. If you are loosing speed in the corner than it dosen't matter how fast your motor can make you, you will be left behind by the guy who spend the time on his set up. I am expecting to get even faster when I get more help from guys like Kenwood who has never really told me much about tweaking motors and such just set up, that where it all lies.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hillbilly W/RC said:
With just help from a couple of guys who knew more than I did about set up and such I have taken more time off of my runs than I am sure I ever could have with a faster motor or better electronics any where. I even ran what I would say is my worst motor last week and matched my fastest lap time, but even whith what I think is my better motors I have been doing the same old thing to them and have picked up speed just from set up and no where else. If you are using quality electronics then what they say about the money having to be spent seems to me like more of trand chasing than speed chasing. I ran one of those fast laps with a 3800 from last year. It may be a little expensive to get started in say the 4 celll stock, but after that it is in small things and set up that only take time and pratice and trial and error to find out. If you are loosing speed in the corner than it dosen't matter how fast your motor can make you, you will be left behind by the guy who spend the time on his set up. I am expecting to get even faster when I get more help from guys like Kenwood who has never really told me much about tweaking motors and such just set up, that where it all lies.
I DIDNT/DONT usually tell people anything about motors untill the chassis are right.. Basically I showed ya chassis stuff to illustrate that the biggest bang for the buck is in chassis tuning.. Untill the chassis is right there is no point is throwing good money after bad trying to build a killer motor...

Ill help ya as best as I can with the motor tuning on the next trip.. :wave:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Unless you race at a track that allows this kind of motor stuff it doesnt pay.. Ive seen many people over the last 19 yeqars caught cheating.. Once they were caught, they were always suspect to it.. Most of them thought the only way to win was cheating. they actually accused the fast guys of it because they couldnt keep up.. they did not understand the concept of chassis work.. we had one guy throw in a 19 turn in a stock qualifyer.. He went balls to the walls, and didnt have the common sence to to think we would notice a 4 lap new track record.. He got the boot fter that..

Its funny when you catch them cheating , cause you hear them say stuff like well you must be cheating, cause i cant beat you, and im cheating.. A good setup will get you so much further.. The good thing about setup is it is always there right in front of you.. Its just like a puzzle, you need to figure it out.. Chassis setup is the cheapest way to go fast there is..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Setup is for more important than Motor tuning for that extra little. Find a good motor and then make adjustments to the car and watch your lap times for the 4 min. run. If you run brushless you will need the chassis to be the key player because everyone is on the same motor with no adjustments.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts