Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy stock replacement armatures?
The windings are coming apart on this one and I want to replace it with a stock unit. Thanks. :)

:dude:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. It shows they have an armature, but when you click on the camera icon to see a picture, it shows a picture of a different item. If they can't get the picture right on the website, they probably won't send the right part.

Are there any other places that sell them?

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
You're right,i never clicked on the pic,but Lucky Bob's is very good to deal with,and they usually get most things right.
I wouldn't be scared of them.

It uses a Tyco timed arm,so you can probably get away with a Tyco arm.
I'm not sure how they compare on length,but it's not hard to shorten the arm if it's too long,not much you can do though,if it's too short,other then hunt up an extended goose neck pinion

·
Registered
554 Posts
If the arm is too short (shouldn't be a problem with the Mega G) you can push the shaft toward the rear sometimes with a tire press. Cut down a tyco as hornet suggested or order a replacement from racemasters. I would Call Lucky Bob's and order to make sure you get what you want.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted them by e-mail. They said the part number is correct, just the image is wrong. They said they would correct the image.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Bob,didn't you have a jig built for pushing shafts,using a tire press.

Would you be interested in posting a pic for these guys,or describing it.:thumbsup:
Thanks Bob
Rick

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the part, ready to put it all back together.....wait......what is missing from this picture!?!?!?!

·
BANNED
8,210 Posts
one brush spring. look in the tube again.
if it really is lost, use two matching ones out of a TYCO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure how they evaluate on duration,but it's not difficult to reduce the arm if it's a lengthy time,not much you can do though,if it's too brief..other than the hunt.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, I purchased four new commutator springs. I have lost three of the four trying to put this back together. I am down to my last one. :(

What is the trick to putting this back together with out losing the spring?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts