Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I always liked this show as a kid. My friends and I would pretend to be the cast memebers on my fathers' 70 acres of woodland and pastures. It was great. Plus I had a go-kart that we used as the mini-vehicle. My dog was Adam.

I have always wanted to see this show again.

Plus it is a very early role for Helen Hunt as a guest of the week.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,158 Posts
Still waiting for China Beach, Mission Impossible, Miami Vice season 3, Taxi season 4, WKRP, and they're putting terrible saturday morning 70s sci fi on DVD. There just ain't no justice.

When is Captain Power coming out? :lol:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
John P said:
Still waiting for China Beach, Mission Impossible, Miami Vice season 3, Taxi season 4, WKRP, and they're putting terrible saturday morning 70s sci fi on DVD. There just ain't no justice.
I'm with you John, my memory of ARK II, besides the cool ark, jeep, and jetpacks, was that it was pretty bad even in the context of Saturday morning live-action TV shows. And the talking chimp made Lancelot Link look good.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
John P said:
Unless there's a WKRP or CHINA BEACH movie in the works, I wouldn't hold my breath on those two. Many of the TV shows from the '70s and '80s only bought the broadcast rights for the songs used on the shows. If they want to release the shows on DVD, they either have to replace the songs, or renegotiate the rights for every song used in every episode.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
"Oh mighty Isis." Fond memories of Joanna Cameron too.

Yes, Ark II probably stinks completely, but it's pure nostalgia. I doubt I'll actually buy it, but a rental? Sure.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
WOW! Diver Dan!

If I remember right - here in SoCal he could be seen along with Clutch Cargo on Sheriff John's daily show.

Zorro - If you order it make sure to give us a full report. I might have to get it myself.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
AFILMDUDE said:
WOW! Diver Dan!

If I remember right - here in SoCal he could be seen along with Clutch Cargo on Sheriff John's daily show.

Zorro - If you order it make sure to give us a full report. I might have to get it myself.
We obviously got the exact same syndication packages here in central North Carolina on WRAL's "Captain 5" (Anybody besides me remember "Tales From The Riverbank"?). I'm tempted to order "Diver Dan" just to clear all the cobwebs from the windmills of my mind.:p

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Zorro

Zorro said:
We obviously got the exact same syndication packages here in central North Carolina on WRAL's "Captain 5" (Anybody besides me remember "Tales From The Riverbank"?). I'm tempted to order "Diver Dan" just to clear all the cobwebs from the windmills of my mind.:p
I wasn't living here at the time, but a good friend of mine worked on the "Uncle Paul" show. That was before Captain 5.

We're in the same town :cool:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Lou Dalmaso said:
I wasn't living here at the time, but a good friend of mine worked on the "Uncle Paul" show. That was before Captain 5.

We're in the same town :cool:
Hey Lou. That wouldn't be Rowell Gorman would it? I produced a documentary a few years back on North Carolina's Kiddie Shows and got to know Rowell and Paul Montgomery (Uncle Paul) real well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Zorro

Have we met in real life?
I'm at Rowell's at least once a week. Next time you're there, check out his Nautilus and Supercar kits. I did those!
Lou

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Lou Dalmaso said:
Have we met in real life?
I'm at Rowell's at least once a week. Next time you're there, check out his Nautilus and Supercar kits. I did those!
Lou

Lou - tell Rowell Scott Marsh said hello. He's a great guy. And I love his studio! Hopefully, he's displaying that X-Plus Nautilus I sent him a couple of years back as well!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Lou Dalmaso said:
Scott,
He is. he's got a veritable fleet of Nautilii
Oh, I know he's a big fan. Get him to tell you the story about the expensive resin Nautilus kit I sort of encouraged him to order from John Green back when I was producing the documentary. I've never quite lived that one down.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Lou Dalmaso said:
the resin kit is the one I built up for him
That's the same one!? Very nice! I'm glad it finally got built! :thumbsup: I guess it really is a small world we live in (fantastic modelers, that is). ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts