Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ariend H60 snowblower that I am having trouble with. I can get it to run and snowblow but with a lot of tinkering. I have cleaned the plug and disassembled the carb and soaked it overnight in carb clean. No adjustments seem to help. I have to put a finger in front of carb to get it to stay running when cold, ie choke it on top of the choke.

The symptoms are:
-cannot take choke off or will stall and pop through carb.
-Reving up must be done slowly or engine will stall
-Under load (blowing snow) engine almost stalls unless I take really light snow cuts.
-High speed mixture screw is extremely sensitive. 1/64 of a turn either way and it will stall.

It seems to be classic carb problems, but I have cleaned everything and all passages are clear, but still no luck.
-Are the carbs sometimes just garbage andf unrebuildable?
-Could it be an ignition problem?
-Any other suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fixed

I couldn't stay away and solved my problem. All I have to say is doooaaahhh!

The Fix:
I richened the high speed mixture until it almost stalled and then opened the choke one click and it smoothed out. I kept doing this until the choke was all the way open, then I tuned the high and idle mitures.

Took it through some big snow piles and it runs like a top.

Originally when I got the snowblower it was on it's way to the scrap heap and I took it for free in not running condition. A friend who had it said it just quit one day. Another one saved from the heap!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think there may have been something in there and you were able to free it up doing
what you did.
Can't complain with sucess!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts