Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any area shows or meets in the Western or Piedmont area of NC, Upstate SC, North GA, Eastern Tenn, or Southern VA areas ?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saturday 6-15 10am at your local Target.
Didn't Target kind of pick up the HW's gauntlet after so many of the K-Marts closed ? Honestly I haven't seen much I want from the HW's pegs in the last couple of years; and I'm not a big collector of specialty HW's. I don't have many scruples when it comes to cutting stuff up. Not above it. But I try not to "deface" something a collector of a different genre of the hobby might find valuable..... At least if I can use an alternate source.

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
17,765 Posts
Maybe hook up with some other local collectors that can point you to some local shows or swap meets.

·
Administrator
25,980 Posts
If you find a show - encourage them to do so. I have links for the 3 shows I regularily attend, but havent been able to prusuade them to keep an active thread here at HobbyTalk. They all still feel Facebook is the only means to reach their target market. Maybe we can get them to change their minds eventually. Especially since none of them include even the basic attendance information or keep Facebook consistently updated. :confused:

I believe in transparency and willingly admit HobbyTalk didnt (doesnt) have a good reputation in the diecast web world based on previous owner ego centric ativities and disgruntled members - many who are righfully entitled to feel that way, but others who are not. And you (and we) know who you are.

But VS_Adm are allowing KITT and I to rebuild the reputation HobbyTalk had when it was established and are committed to maintaining that designation again for the entire site. It will take the old members, returning members and especially the new members to continue posting here and other sections though. And we appreciate that effort greatly.

:cheers2: MFR SM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are there any area shows or meets in the Western or Piedmont area of NC, Upstate SC, North GA, Eastern Tenn, or Southern VA areas ?
Inside Pitch Promotions puts on local toy shows in our area. I, like you, would love to have a Hot Wheels meet in this area on a regular basis. I live in the upstate of SC near Clemson, not much diecast around here !

Inside Pitch Promotions Toy, Hobby, Sports Shows"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts