Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Just thought you might be interested in knowing I sent an email to Mattel using that link. I basically told them how I remembered when Matchbox was THE diecast to collect but how now what you see on the shelves seems to be another version attempting to compete with Hot Wheels. If so, that left me confused - were they trying to create competition against their own brand or did they just not know what direction in which to take the product now that they owned it? Also, with companies like M2 now on the playing field it seemed like it was the time to create a line to compete with them, not the time to be presenting another product that simply competed against their own original Hot Wheel brand. I also said I was sure collectors would be willing to pay for the better quality, as evidenced by the fact that I have over 100 M2s, but only two, maybe, of any current Matchboxes -

- or words to that effect.

This is the response I received:

We're so glad you contacted us about your Matchbox vehicles. We realize life is busy and we appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

Our design and engineering teams put a lot of thought and energy into creating an engaging product, and your experience concerns us. We love hearing from our consumers to understand how our products work in the real world. Our team has passed along your comments to our product development group.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us.

Thanks again,
Robin S.
Mattel Consumer Relations Team

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also sent something to that effect, and received the exact same response, but they said I would recieve a $5.00 certificate in the mail.
The hard part will be deciding on $5.00 worth the Matchbox.
When I put this up I expected the response from fellow collectors to be similar, but for the most part, what I am feeling is that it isn't really an issue and some even like the new stuff. I wish I could say that. In this area we only get Hot Wheels and Matchbox. At one time they were distinct brands and when one didn't offer anything, the other was sure to have something. Sadly, not the case anymore. Thanks for sharing your response.
Just thought you might be interested in knowing I sent an email to Mattel using that link. I basically told them how I remembered when Matchbox was THE diecast to collect but how now what you see on the shelves seems to be another version attempting to compete with Hot Wheels. If so, that left me confused - were they trying to create competition against their own brand or did they just not know what direction in which to take the product now that they owned it? Also, with companies like M2 now on the playing field it seemed like it was the time to create a line to compete with them, not the time to be presenting another product that simply competed against their own original Hot Wheel brand. I also said I was sure collectors would be willing to pay for the better quality, as evidenced by the fact that I have over 100 M2s, but only two, maybe, of any current Matchboxes -

- or words to that effect.

This is the response I received:

We're so glad you contacted us about your Matchbox vehicles. We realize life is busy and we appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

Our design and engineering teams put a lot of thought and energy into creating an engaging product, and your experience concerns us. We love hearing from our consumers to understand how our products work in the real world. Our team has passed along your comments to our product development group.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us.

Thanks again,
Robin S.
Mattel Consumer Relations Team

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Sick of it yes...but I make my point by not buying them. I did get a few like green Mustang and I'm going to try and find the Seagrave but it isn't much. They must be selling some because the display here doesn't move any faster or slower than last year. The Hot Wheels batches however come and go about ten times as quick...

I guess it's complacency. You just say you take your money elsewhere or you just plain love everything MB does, on principle. Some do, it seems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For me, I get excited when I see there's actually new MB on the few pegs there are. It is quickly followed by a " never mind". I hope to see a change in their "direction" b/c I really feel they make the best product for the money.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I sent an email bout a day ago asking about the super convoy line and other series of MBX for 2012 and also told them my likes and dislikes . Well got an email as well like others telling me im getting a $5.00 voucher towards MBX products !!!!!!!! :thumbsup::dude::cool:;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts