Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
The Neet Streeter is pretty much the 36 Ford Coupe with the rumble seat sealed shut.
The Neet Streeter was originally released in 1976, and is thus a redline in it's own respect.

The 55 Nomad I think originally came out in '69, the second year, but its been made pretty much all along with some name changes along the way.
The Nomad came out in 1970, and was known as the "Classic Nomad." In 1973, it was released as the "Alive 55", and was cast as that name until 1977. In the early '90s the car came back, with a different front end, and has since gone under such names as the "Classic 55 Nomad", "Classic Chevy Nomad", "55 Nomad", "Nomad", "Chevy Nomad" and "Classic Nomad".

From the first year there's not a whole lot that hasn't been redone in the last 15 or so years. I can think of the Hot Heap (because its a personal favorite), the Corvette (was sold to Argentina), the Eldorado, Fleetside, T-bird ('67), J-car, Python. All the rest of the first 16 have been done or redone in one way or other.
The Custom Fleetside has indeed been re-cast, albeit for the HWC. It was actually a really good recast too. Another couple that you missed that haven't been recast are the Custom Firebird and the Custom VW Bug(the 1989 cast of the VW Bug is completely unrelated).

As for actual recasts and re releases, I think it's great, as long as the car looks good. I know Mattel has re-casted several of the original redlines for the HWC and the RLC, and many of them have been really good. There have been a few though, like the Heavy Chevy and the King Kuda from the Classics line a few years ago, that were completely ugly, and in no way resembled the originals. The King Kuda recast barely even looks like a Plymouth Barracuda!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.