Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'm not an expert, and I'm not at home to check the ones in my collection, but I believe the original AFXs had no grille--the space inside the bumper was open except for that little gas tank, and on the JL repops, they put a grille in there. I think. So these look like gennie AFXs. Also, the way the stripes and trim are painted are making me lean towards "real thing"...

i'm sure someone who knows more than me will chime in as soon as they take a break from turkey and stuffing... :D

--rick

·
Registered
328 Posts
why does the guy list them as a TYCO T JET when they are what appears to be Magnatractions. that would scare me away considering tyco has nothing to do with a tjet.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
why does the guy list them as a TYCO T JET when they are what appears to be Magnatractions. that would scare me away considering tyco has nothing to do with a tjet.
He's trying to get the listing to show up in more searches. Fair enough, but I don't know how effective that tactic is on auctions this pricey. Somebody is casually searching all Tycos and decides to bid this up over $300? Not likely.

He should have put "Christmas gift" in the title, cause this would be a nice one for an AFX collector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts