Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, as I understand it, because ROAR doens't want to participate on this forum, then ARCOR and NORRCA have no choice? Guess RC Forums offered ROAR a better deal? I liked the way Hank had it set up. I didn't have to wade through all the threads to find out what was going on in each organization. Becasue ROAR didn't want to continue on this site, we lost the others. Shame.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Ewe, dont like the ARCOR/ROAR/NORCCA stuff mixed in with all the race events.
We need a place for new rules, rule discussions, etc.
Those type of threads seem to get buried in the race events section.
Hank, at least make a section for rule discussions.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Forums

Please Bring These Sites Back, At Least Arcor And Norcca. Personally I Could Care Less About Roar, But I Know Others Have Their Own Opinion. Please Do Not Let One Organization Ruin It For All The Others.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Bring them back please,too much hassle to hunt a specific thread.If you know what org. you have a ? for you could go right to it,now...... but you can't beat this place for info,thanks Hank!

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
OK... OK... I get the idea. First, let me get this straight, it has nothing to do with ROAR's support or lack of support. I would get a number of emails each week telling me it was too hard to find race info for an area as they had to look in 3 different topics to find if a race is in their area. I was hoping that combining them would help this.

What I failed to notice was that each area was used for more then just race announcements. So, since you all set me straight ;) how does this sound? I will leave the Race Events as it is. This will be a place for tracks, clubs, orgs, etc. to announce races and to have discussions about them.

I will create new ROAR, NORRCA and ARCOR forums so info about those orgs can be discussed. These forums will be "unoffical" forums as there is no offical support from any of the orgs, but officals from those orgs may pass through now and then to post info.

Let me know if that suits your needs and I can get it done. Also, if they are created, please email links to threads you feel should be moved to the new forums so we can get everything the way you would like.

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
wow.... that's incredible that you believe ROAR did not want to support this forum. Where do these rumors get started?

That's not the situation at all. ROAR opened up forums to assist the membership in answering questions and providing immediate support and it turned into a playground for mean spirited people with amazing keyboard strength.

Please understand, ROAR would love to reopen the forums here and provide support to every person inquiring.... but personally, I'm still bruised over the last beating I took here and I'm not looking forward to reopening these wounds if nobody has learned any respect. But, I'll be here - should Hank open up ROAR forums......

thanks Hank... :)

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
oval racer 2 said:
Please Bring These Sites Back, At Least Arcor And Norcca. Personally I Could Care Less About Roar, But I Know Others Have Their Own Opinion. Please Do Not Let One Organization Ruin It For All The Others.
and to you.... ROAR did not close the other two forums and had nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Dawn, I look at support as "official" support and "non-offical" support. Just as JB and others stop by, visit and post once in awhile, those forums were not officially supported by those orgs. We all are happy to get info directly from the horses mouth (so to speak) but I can understand why an org would not want to "offically" support a forum here. By not being an offical support forum but having the option to post, it's sort of the best or both worlds as it is now.

And I will double what Dawn said. ROAR's "offical" support of the ROAR forums ended many months ago and had NOTHING to do with the combining of the others recently. I would suggest you get into offering constructive feedback in what you would like to see rather then talk about something you know nothing about.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I think the forums like this are all about seeing what the racer has to say. I think that the person from an organization takes it as an attack against them rather then critism that maybe somethings need to be looked at changed to help racing in general. As with any sactioning body I don't think all members know or completely understand the rules as they are writen. I think that is where these forums can allow the sactioning bodies to see where possible problems can come. If you want an example I have a great one from the ROAR indoor NATS from this year.

In order for these forums to work in the correct fashion the people from ROAR, NORRCA, and ARCOR need to keep and open mind and take EVERYTHING into consideration. We as racers have our own view on things, after all we are the ones investing a lot of money in the hoppy we love. This is where the bodies need to see where they can improve rather then thinking they are always correct. This is also where rules can be better clarified and down well in advanced rather then a couple weeks or we will change as needed.

Hank I love the forums and the way you allow the hobbiest and racer to speak as they see fit. That is what brings people back hear and it is nice to speak with fellow racers from all over the country. Thanks again.

Brian

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
I concur.. Hank, I love this place!!

Its all about picking and choosing words... have some respect. Rather than state an organization should listen to the racers.. how about it going both ways?? This is what I find frustrating the most.. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts

first off let me restate myself, i will not bad mouth roar other than stating my opinion. i know others love roar and i respect that. i just simply stated that i am not personally fond of roar, for my own reasons.

do i run roar events? no.
why? because they do not recognize classes i like to run. i did run the roar region 3 paved oval race at chatham in july b/c they ran .09 nitro. it was a great show other than the rain, but nobody can control that.

would i run roar races if they offered this class regularly?
probably so.

in closing i want it to be know that i have no animosity towards roar, they just do not have what i like to run. if i offended anyone, then i wholeheartedly apologize for my choice of words, but i still am entitled to my opinion. maybe roar will pick up gas oval racing in the future!!!

secondly, yes lets move on w/ the organization forums.

thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hank: I think the events pertaining to an organization should be on each organizations forum. All other events should be on the Events thread. This way racers can go to the organization of their choice and see what races might be in their area. Thanks for considering making these forums available again without wading thorugh topics to find them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hank, I agree with Rickety, I liked it the way it was.......association specific. There are very few ROAR or NORRCA events in my area so often I don't wade through those boards to see what's going on. But now trying to dig through everything is just confusing and you never really know when or where until you open up the whole message. Change it back, please.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts