Hobbyist Forums banner

What classes will you be running this summer?

• Stock SCT

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Open SCT (4 x 4 and 2wd SC)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Stock Buggy (17.5)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Spec Buggy (10.5)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Modified Buggy

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Super Stock Truck (13.5)

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Modified Truck

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 1/8th Electric Buggy

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • 1/8th Electric Truggy

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 1/8th Nitro Buggy

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • 1/8th Nitro Truggy

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Yes, I like the idea of running nitro and electric on the same day

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No, keep the nitro and electric races seperate

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
11421 - 11440 of 11444 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll let a little steam off! I'm so sick and tired of the 40 to 50 year old " man child " that are in this sport!!! Yelling at my ten year old about marshaling, excuse me but he didn't wreck your truck a$$ bag you did! It's not just the marshaling either there has been other thing that have happend that are pushing me right out of this sport.
These guys act like they signed million dollar contracts with Tork or Novak. Give me a break:rolleyes:
Unless I'm mistaken, you're probably the last person who should be talking about people yelling at kids after you grabbed someone else's at the Jones MORL Race earlier this year.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Got another thing that gets to me to complain about. Track owners who schedule race dates on top of other track race dates. All the tracks in the state are competing for the same racers, what good does it do to schedule events on the same dates? To be honest, if you schedule events on back to back weekends its not even good. To close together to get a big crowd. Events should be 2+ weeks apart to make sure they all get good turn outs, but I guess thats to complex for some to understand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's something I want to vent about a little bit. Has anybody noticed when it comes to 'Hacking' typically those who cry the loudest are the worst offenders of the entire bunch. Can't count the number of times I've heard yells and screams on the drivers stand about people getting hacked only to be dumped by those people time after time. I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty vocal on the stand but if I touch someone I'll wait and let them take the spot back rather than just continuing on with the old punt and run.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Here's something I want to vent about a little bit. Has anybody noticed when it comes to 'Hacking' typically those who cry the loudest are the worst offenders of the entire bunch. Can't count the number of times I've heard yells and screams on the drivers stand about people getting hacked only to be dumped by those people time after time. I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty vocal on the stand but if I touch someone I'll wait and let them take the spot back rather than just continuing on with the old punt and run.
Yes, SC is a very "interesting" class to run in. Last night I started off making nice clean passes, cut to the inside, fun racing. Then you get to the next corner and the guy you just passed ass packs you to get back by. About the middle of the 2nd qualifier I was fed up with it too. Oh and yes, I made a point of taking a few people out for payback. At that point I didn't care about the racing anymore. :dude:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Racers confirmed for the Northern Nationals:

Ryan Cavalieri
Chad Due
Jason Jakubczyk
Dakotah Phend

More to come soon. I am working on getting some discounted hotel pricing for everyone when they come. I will update shortly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Got another thing that gets to me to complain about. Track owners who schedule race dates on top of other track race dates. All the tracks in the state are competing for the same racers, what good does it do to schedule events on the same dates? To be honest, if you schedule events on back to back weekends its not even good. To close together to get a big crowd. Events should be 2+ weeks apart to make sure they all get good turn outs, but I guess thats to complex for some to understand. :thumbsup:
Unfortunatly some racers don't want to or can't afford to travel for a race. There is only so many weekends in the racing season. It is nice to have home track to race for fun and not have someone holler at someone else when they rub a little bit. Hacking is another matter. If you are that anal about it, go race with the pros.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
If that's what it takes to get away from hacks, I'm in! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Always work on resolving the real issue (the first hacking) instead of complaining about all the consequences is always the best solution for everything!!!

We have to educate people that get passed or lapped to be respectful, and tons of issues will go away by themselves...
And yes, if you didn't mean to take the guy out in the next corner, then STOP and wait for him.... Show respect and a "crash" will go a lot smoother even when it happens and shouldn't...
Don't start complaining you are getting it back right after you did something wrong... No need to go race with the pros, because the pros BEHAVE, that is why they represent the brands...
And no, it does not need to be the worlds to get good marshalls either. Be respectful and act the way you would like people to help you when you crash (i.e. hurry up to do your best to help the guy on his lid).
If you betray me, don't complain about the consequences of that.

if you can't, the answer is not to send the good racers to go race the worlds, it's to send the backyard bashers back in the backyard...

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Just wait bud, once you see who is all coming to this race......your going to be shocked. This IS THE RACE you cant miss this year. Lots more news coming soon, Uncle E and I have a ton of stuff in the works for this event.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
That's about the best statement I have heard on the topic of hacks. Very well put Champ.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Proving Grounds Raceway State Championship Track Build

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Uncle E puts everything on FaceBook now.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Here are some of our friends who will be attending this race.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Anyone coming from out of town, here are a couple hotel special prices I have arranged for you to make the weekend more affordable.

Super 8 Hudsonville
3005 Corporate Grove Drive
I-196 and 32nd Avenue Exit 62
Hudsonville, MI 49426
Phone: 1-616-896-6710
Rate on this room is $55 per night tax included. The manager Shannon approved this price for Proving Grounds Raceway guests on Dec 9 and 10.

Comfort Suites
4520 Kenowa Ave SW,
Grandville, MI, US, 49418
Phone: (616) 667-0733
Rate on this room is $79 per night plus tax. Ask for Cindy or Carol for the approved rate for Proving Grounds Raceway.

Up to you on how fancy you want to get.

11421 - 11440 of 11444 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.