Hobbyist Forums banner

What classes will you be running this summer?

• Stock SCT

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Open SCT (4 x 4 and 2wd SC)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Stock Buggy (17.5)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Spec Buggy (10.5)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Modified Buggy

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Super Stock Truck (13.5)

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Modified Truck

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 1/8th Electric Buggy

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • 1/8th Electric Truggy

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 1/8th Nitro Buggy

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • 1/8th Nitro Truggy

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Yes, I like the idea of running nitro and electric on the same day

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No, keep the nitro and electric races seperate

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
11401 - 11420 of 11444 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Who took the pictures?

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Sorry for the delay, here are the standings after round 3 of the Northern Lights Cash Back Series. As you will notice, some people have fallen off the payout list because they have missed more than one event. Also notice other people have joined the list because of these other people falling off. Some classes have less than 5 people who qualify for cash back, so the remaining winnings have been split between those who are left in the class. Pays to show up and race.....

www.TeamVirusRacing.com

OR

http://www.teamvirusracing.com/sites/default/files/NLCB_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Since no one pays attention to anything that is said in this thread, I can let little secrets out of the bag and no one will know about it. Word on the street is "He's coming again."

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
That sounds personal
Right away Nolan goes for the "oh that's nasty" thoughts! Love it.

i enjoy this thread lol
Yes, I do too. But that still does not change the fact that "he is coming again". But for now we will just leave it at more details to follow soon. How's that?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Since no one pays attention to anything that is said in this thread, I can let little secrets out of the bag and no one will know about it. Word on the street is "He's coming again."
Awesome! It was cool to have him racing with us last year. Glad he can make it again. That's going to be some awesome racing with the top notch racers from MI :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ok, but this thread is about letting it out when something bothers you about racing. So here it is. It's always really upsetting me when people take you out after getting lapped. It really ruins your fun, whether you were having a good fight for a win, or just trying to do your best run and have a good race. Especially when you make a beautiful pass, and then because the guy you just lapped feels the need to try to stay half an inch from your rear bumper, he obviously ends up taking you out the next corner because nothing else good can happen when you are punching it that way without even thinking about the turn.

And then, you hear the typical words "I didn't mean to take you out, sorry"... sometimes you can say it wasn't his intention, but most of the time, it still pissing me off because if you didn't mean it, ACT so it will NOT happen, instead of just "Hoping for the best and hoping nothing bad will happen".

Bottom line, a GOOD Racer knows how to behave when he gets beat / lapped.
If you can't respect when somebody is lapping you, you are FAR AWAY from being in the same league... Beating somebody by taking him out is NOT beating him...
A good racer is fast AND respectful...

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Ok, but this thread is about letting it out when something bothers you about racing. So here it is. It's always really upsetting me when people take you out after getting lapped. It really ruins your fun, whether you were having a good fight for a win, or just trying to do your best run and have a good race. Especially when you make a beautiful pass, and then because the guy you just lapped feels the need to try to stay half an inch from your rear bumper, he obviously ends up taking you out the next corner because nothing else good can happen when you are punching it that way without even thinking about the turn.

And then, you hear the typical words "I didn't mean to take you out, sorry"... sometimes you can say it wasn't his intention, but most of the time, it still pissing me off because if you didn't mean it, ACT so it will NOT happen, instead of just "Hoping for the best and hoping nothing bad will happen".

Bottom line, a GOOD Racer knows how to behave when he gets beat / lapped.
If you can't respect when somebody is lapping you, you are FAR AWAY from being in the same league... Beating somebody by taking him out is NOT beating him...
A good racer is fast AND respectful...
Amen. Been on both sides of that one myself. It sucks when you lap someone, then they decide to just go balls out to try and keep up and like you say....they end up taking you out. I know a few people who are very good at this move.

I know I have done it a few times myself. Boat or someone will lap me, so I try to fall behind them and follow to see where the fast line is. Then before you know it, they check up or make a small mistake and your up their rear bumper. It happens, but shouldnt. Pretty simple, if someone is lapping you, then your obviously no where near as fast as them. Let them by, no reason to try and go faster, it just wont work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Amen. Been on both sides of that one myself. It sucks when you lap someone, then they decide to just go balls out to try and keep up and like you say....they end up taking you out. I know a few people who are very good at this move.

I know I have done it a few times myself. Boat or someone will lap me, so I try to fall behind them and follow to see where the fast line is. Then before you know it, they check up or make a small mistake and your up their rear bumper. It happens, but shouldnt. Pretty simple, if someone is lapping you, then your obviously no where near as fast as them. Let them by, no reason to try and go faster, it just wont work. :thumbsup:
Like Revo said I'm guilty on both sides of this especially when I was just getting into the hobby. I can say it's infuriating when you're getting the bad end of it, especially when it ends up breaking stuff on your car like happened with my 1/8th Scale last Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i have lots of clues im being lapped i just dont pay attention , im out there for a leisure sunday drive lol
No offense, but if you don't care about racing and having fun having a good run while competing, Friday practice is more suited for that...

If you want to race, then respecting racing rules is a must so everybody can still have fun. I love having a competitive field and even get beat by faster drivers, as long as I gave my best...

so, I definitely prefer to finish last with a perfect run in a fast A-main, than 2nd or 3rd because i got screwed up by traffic lap while in the lead...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll let a little steam off! I'm so sick and tired of the 40 to 50 year old " man child " that are in this sport!!! Yelling at my ten year old about marshaling, excuse me but he didn't wreck your truck a$$ bag you did! It's not just the marshaling either there has been other thing that have happend that are pushing me right out of this sport.
These guys act like they signed million dollar contracts with Tork or Novak. Give me a break:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I'll let a little steam off! I'm so sick and tired of the 40 to 50 year old " man child " that are in this sport!!! Yelling at my ten year old about marshaling, excuse me but he didn't wreck your truck a$$ bag you did! It's not just the marshaling either there has been other thing that have happend that are pushing me right out of this sport.
These guys act like they signed million dollar contracts with Tork or Novak. Give me a break:rolleyes:
Yes, there are a few of these around also! These are the same guys who tell you how bad change is and then tell you how great things were 20 years ago. Dont let these guys make you want to quit racing. Do like I do and make it your goal to beat these guys every single time you race. Much more fun to just smile as you lap these guys and listen to them complain. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
3rd Annual Michigan State Off-Road Championships

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
3rd Annual Northern Nationals

Just confirmed tonight, Ryan Cavalieri will be coming to race with us again in December for the 2011 Northern Nationals. We would like to welcome Ryan back and thank Associated for being the Title Sponsor for this event!

·
Registered
827 Posts
No offense, but if you don't care about racing and having fun having a good run while competing, Friday practice is more suited for that...

If you want to race, then respecting racing rules is a must so everybody can still have fun. I love having a competitive field and even get beat by faster drivers, as long as I gave my best...

so, I definitely prefer to finish last with a perfect run in a fast A-main, than 2nd or 3rd because i got screwed up by traffic lap while in the lead...
I care about racing and move out of the way of faster people but im not gonna bitch if i dont win, im used to it . You took my line out of context. What i mean is i dont care if i get lapped it happens but im not gonna take someone else out because their faster. I would love to win but im not super competitive. But all because u think im slower doesnt mean I'm not going to race. And i can say the only person that i know personally who bitched i was in his way was maverick lol. So all because im here for a leisurely drive doesnt mean im not gonna race. I just dont care if someone is faster. I wear my sponsor with pride and he knows i try my best.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I care about racing and move out of the way of faster people but im not gonna bitch if i dont win, im used to it . You took my line out of context. What i mean is i dont care if i get lapped it happens but im not gonna take someone else out because their faster. I would love to win but im not super competitive. But all because u think im slower doesnt mean I'm not going to race. And i can say the only person that i know personally who bitched i was in his way was maverick lol. So all because im here for a leisurely drive doesnt mean im not gonna race. I just dont care if someone is faster. I wear my sponsor with pride and he knows i try my best.
Wish everybody was just behaving like you... That's the good attitude:thumbsup:

For all the other guys out there, it's ok to get lapped (I get lapped too). The way you get lapped makes you a good or bad racer. Just respect the guy that is lapping you and all will always be good :)

11401 - 11420 of 11444 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.