Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished up the new Polar Lights Captain America. It was appropriate that I finished on the 4th of July although it wasn't planned that way. It is a great kit which I picked up from Frank Winspur at his sales table at the local contest in April and was a great price as the box had been dented. I put some extra effort into this guy and used the Amazing Figure Modeler article to help me along. Here's some pics:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, he is out making sure the world supplies the US with lots of oil. It's a messy job and sometimes you have to step in it! Actually I'd call it dirty water and on another forum somebody said thank goodness you didn't paint the water blue, water is never blue. Well puddles aren't but oceans are and this is a puddle.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's a great looking Cap! I like your shading on his boots and gloves. That expression on his face looks like he means some serious business!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's a very nice job! I want to build one of the big PL versions myself. I hope it turns out even half as good as this one.

One thing though, to really finish up Cap right, his helmet wings should be white, unless the blue was an artistic choice.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a very nice job! I want to build one of the big PL versions myself. I hope it turns out even half as good as this one.

One thing though, to really finish up Cap right, his helmet wings should be white, unless the blue was an artistic choice.
OHHHHHHHHHH, I didn't know that, not artistic license, simply ignorance! I can fix that very easily and will tomorrow.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Excellent job! Perfect colors and shading, and in my opinion, the facial features are outstanding. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Another beautifully built and painted kit Bob!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts