Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pretty simple swap. The roof's are held in with two mushroom stems. Some careful Dremel work, and now I have a GMC Suburban Carrier with a visor roof. The non-visor roof is going on an Apache fire truck. Got a custom one painted today too. These things are so much fun.

·
Premium Member
13,378 Posts
I also like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Nice switch: I gave the GMC's wheelcovers a black wash and red centers. No photos now; my camera was left at my beach house.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That swap turned out very nice. The visor is a bit more upscale and suits the deluxe truck. M2s are great for parts swapping. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
M2s are a blast to hack up!
Didn't know the roofs were a seperate piece, I don't own this casting.
Is the roof plastic?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The roof's are diecast. Easy to strip for repainting. The grille's, headlights and bumpers are all plastic. I suspect that we will see a chrome bumper and grille for the Apache somewhere down the road. I was looking at the GMC COE last night........some chrome on that one.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Nice switch: I gave the GMC's wheelcovers a black wash and red centers. No photos now; my camera was left at my beach house.
There's a beach in PA??? :tongue: I am in NE PA and the only Beaches in PA I know of are on the Lakes and some of the beaches are questionable... :rolleyes: If you like you can tell me where your beach house is and I will gladly go pick your camera up for you. :lol:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
shelly; my beachhouse is in OC, MD; I'm here now and still no camera. I want to post photos of my GMC and also the DCX Ford that I made into a utility truck

·
Banned
565 Posts
shelly; my beachhouse is in OC, MD; I'm here now and still no camera. I want to post photos of my GMC and also the DCX Ford that I made into a utility truck
We are heading to Rehoboth or OC, MD at the end of August maybe, if you still can't find the camera leave the keys under the door mat and I will gladly take a look around for you... :lol: Leave some stuff for me to find at the Berlin, MD Walmart. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
We are heading to Rehoboth or OC, MD at the end of August maybe, if you still can't find the camera leave the keys under the door mat and I will gladly take a look around for you... :lol: Leave some stuff for me to find at the Berlin, MD Walmart. :tongue:
The Berlin WM was replaced by a new Super Center in April. When it opened, it had more M2s in one spot than I had ever seen. Since then, they haven't gotten anymore but I didn't check this week yet. I need to find two Apaches and the yellow F100 but everything else, I'll leave. There's a Hobby LObby in Salisbury, MD (20 miles west). I might head over there thrsday.

·
Banned
565 Posts
The Berlin WM was replaced by a new Super Center in April. When it opened, it had more M2s in one spot than I had ever seen. Since then, they haven't gotten anymore but I didn't check this week yet. I need to find two Apaches and the yellow F100 but everything else, I'll leave. There's a Hobby LObby in Salisbury, MD (20 miles west). I might head over there thrsday.
I wish you the best of luck this week, I didn't know there was a Hobby Lobby in that area I will have to check that out. We haven't been down to MD in quite a few years so it will be interesting to see how everything has changed. Have fun and try and stay cool as it is going to be a hot one this week... :wave:

Oh if we do end up going down in August I will be sure to bring my camera...:tongue:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I wish you the best of luck this week, I didn't know there was a Hobby Lobby in that area I will have to check that out. We haven't been down to MD in quite a few years so it will be interesting to see how everything has changed. Have fun and try and stay cool as it is going to be a hot one this week... :wave:

Oh if we do end up going down in August I will be sure to bring my camera...:tongue:
Shelly,,,,There's also a TRU in Salsbury. They don't seem to do a big diecast business and they usually have some M2s and GLs, both recent and proir releases. That's where I found my first rte 66 set (GL) two years ago. Milford, DE also has a big WM; they had the M2 endcap last year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts