Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well, another lurker, oldie/newbie coming into the forum!! :wave: I joined about 2 months ago but have been just watching and reading and LEARNING, ALOT!! What an awesome forum, :cool: compared to the others I have lurked upon and the slotters here seem to be OK guys!! :thumbsup: The age group here that I have surmized is fasanating!! Its great to see all the questions answered and all the different opinions and methods that slotters use!! I have been out of it for about 27 yrs. and just got back into it here after Christmas and boy, has it come along way!! I'm building a 4-lane Tomy track on a 5x9 table(courtesy of Mr. Braun) and one thing I can tell ya is, there is a little bit of each one of you guys, past or present, in it, with all the great tips, methods and whatever elses's I have picked up from this forum!! I have lots of questions but try to go back into the forum to see if they have been asked before so I'm not beating the subject into the ground!! But I figured, what the hey, thats what this forum is for!! Sometime when I can figure it out, and possibly get the "Track Manager" to help, I'll try and send pictures!! The T.M. is actually a sweet one who is behind me all the way!! :tongue: Anyway, just glad to be onboard and am going to enjoy the ride!!

Thanks for all your unknown help,
TBro

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bro-man--

I'm glad you came up the surface. Good luck with the track. They can be a huge amount of work, but usually end up being tons of fun. My track was originally going to be on a 5x9 ping pong table; then someone broke into the store where I was working. The 3.5x8' window patch matched up perfectly to a 3.5x7' piece of wood in the basement, so all I needed was a 4x8 to put on the end and I'd be happy with my new 8.5x19' table until I realized I could knock out that wall in the basement and add 2 more 4x8s and be even happier. The point is--this hobby keeps growing on you--and growing--and growing.

This board seems to be more freindly to the "model car racers" with tracks with scenery and the whole racing experience as opposed to some sites that are more "go faster only--slot car" sites. Anything we can do to help--don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bro-Man
Welcome to the forum. Anytime you have a question feel free to ask it, and lf you come across an idea we have missed please share it with us. :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!

Thanks Guys for welcoming me aboard!! :thumbsup: I did notice this board seems to be a more friendlier "model car racers" than the "go fast" type!! I'm into watching the cars act and react to the track!! And to the whole scenery thing, which on my layout, may not have very much scenery anyway!! But seeing what other guys do with their scenery is very enjoyable to look at!! Anyway, thanks again!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts