Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Aoshima makes several different lines of 1/64 diecast cars that are distinctively Japanese. the first few are probably more desirable for the main stream collectors in USA. The rest I'd list under special interest.

Option Release 1 Tuned Sports Cars

Option Release 2 Tuned Sports Cars

Drift Paradise

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dangerous Detectives. Detective cars based on Japanese police movies. Will be great companion cars if you collect police cars.

Grand Champion Collection. Modified street cars from the 70's and 80's. With dropped height and after-market fenders and spoilers. Interesting paint schemes... very different from modern day Japanese tuners as seen in Fast & Furious. Series 4 shown:

Ita-Sha Collection. Outlandishly decorated cars by fanatical anime fans (otaku) often with giant decals of their favorite anime characters. It's a very Japanese thing, strangely popular too! Many are also modified to boost performance, and some are exotic cars likes Ferrari, Lamborghini, or even the rare Lancia Stratos. It's hard to describe so it might be easier if you just use google's image search for "itasha." You really have to see it to believe that these cars do actually exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itasha

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
A lot I have never seen. I have four of the Option #1 cars and three of the lightweight sports cars. These cars are incredible.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wow...just...wow.

Very interesting indeed.The tuners and anime cars are just too cool to pass up, the minicars look very cool too, and the detective cars...IDK why, but they just pull u in...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I knew before I clicked on this thread that I would see cars that I want,

I have about 16 cars from the pics & others not pictured & I counted at least 20 that I need,

Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Greg (Carsdownunder)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the Renault F1 cars will be on the market in January 2011. Pre-sale is already available on eBay.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These cars are neat!

I really want the Grand Champions line and the Itasha series.

Anyone know where in the USA these can be found besides Ebay?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Here's a few more photos you are welcome to use. These are from my own actual collection.

Itasha collection #1 - Lucky Star

Grand Champion Series 1

Grand Champion series 4

I have more photos of other series which I've harvested from online searches. You are welcome to use them if you like. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
28,090 Posts
Hello @MargaretWoodard!

Welcome to the boards! Hopefully; you have checked out the new member section, forum guidelines and vendor/advertising sections as well. Looking forward to seeing the new photos soon! :cheers2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts