Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ack, I was hoping to work on a "Mad Max" version this weekend, but either I've misplaced the instructions or HLJ forgot to include them. Does anybody have a set they could scan or photo for me? Mainly I need the chassis and engine compartment for the small parts!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I have two of those kits!....built one as the 2nd film and the next one will be from the 1st film w/ the resin kit I picked up to complete the interior and exterior for the V8 Interceptor before max trashed it!

I need to go over to a pals place tonight or tomorrow to scan and send those to you....is your e-mail address in your bio?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be, fluke, thanks! I've got the resin conversion kit too, I've got got the exterior body going together nicely, but need to get the chassis and interior going.

BTW, the conversion kit fits perfectly on the body, especially the trunk. They really did an outstanding job!

Nice Road Warrior version! I did that for my RC Interceptor, this ones going to look like the brand new Interceptor in MM!

I'll pm you my email:)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks Phil!

I'm looking foward to building my 1st film version, I may even light it.

Do you have a copy of the May 2004 '44' Hot Rodding mag that has Jim Martino's 1974 XB Falcon in it?

Its one of the best V8 Interceptors in the world let alone right here in the US! ( Nice pics to! ) He sent me pics of what his Falcon interior looked like while the inner panels were off so I could detail the interior of my Road Warrior version better....but due to a PC crash & re-format I could not save most of my stored pics and those were lost.

Here is a link to that article:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0405phr_falcon/

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pictures, Troy!

Here's my favorite, with the best history and specs on the Interceptor I've found, as well as some more good pictures. Because of the rabid Australian MM fans a lot of cool stuff and articles that never reach the USA are available:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/interceptor/history1.html

BTW, Fluke has some scanners issues right now, if anybody else has a set of the instructions they could scan or photo it'd really be helpful, or some close-up pictures of the underside of a built one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great build and even nicer weathering Fluke,
Funny how you can get compliments on how dirty your stuff is :jest:
That one isn't on your website or maybe I haven't noticed it before.

Since you posted the pics, now it's time to give up the information. Is the dust drybrushed paint or chalk or ??? C'mon give up the technique :tongue:
-PJ

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Well.....OK!

I noticed how nice the color of the the kit was very deep and solid ( kinda rare these days ) so I did not paint it at all! using a medium soft brush I gave it a coat of acry clear flat. then using 2400 polishing cloth I gave it a few passes imagining the pattern of wind and ware from the road. in the end I let some places that would get less ware alone and places that would get the most the worst look by deeper sanding and dusted look, some areas even had some better almost gloss look. I just went downstairs and looked at my own POS to get that idea! :tongue:

The tones came from this really cool little kit that was in the railroad section of the Hobby shop ...its small clear box that has four sections of very fine powder used for weathering. there is SOOT, Medium rust, Light rust and Dark rust. They say to use it on flat painted areas but I learned that I could control it by mixing some with rubbing alcohol do run it into cracks and let it run down creating that rain run off effect.....[ I used the same technique for my WWII Sub ] I really like this stuff.....and a little goes along ways!

I used the light rust on the tires.

Here is some info on this product: http://www.bragdonent.com/smpic/item6.htm

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
48 Posts
fluke said:
I did not paint it at all! using a medium soft brush I gave it a coat of acry clear flat. then using 2400 polishing cloth I gave it a few passes imagining the pattern of wind and ware from the road.
Very nice, that's a new one for me. I will readily admit that I have no pride and will promptly now go out and copy your technique at the first chance I get. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: (If anyone asks, you'll get credit of coarse)

I've heard lots of good things about the braqdon chalks but have yet to try them myself.
-PJ

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Hey PJ....just send cash! :tongue:

Glad I can help!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Phillip, the scanner issues Fluke mentioned are referring to my equipment. I have Monday off, so I should be able to get the thing up and running. If I can just get Fluke to drop off the instruction sheet I should be able to get them scanned and emailed to you.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
qtan said:
Phillip, the scanner issues Fluke mentioned are referring to my equipment. I have Monday off, so I should be able to get the thing up and running. If I can just get Fluke to drop off the instruction sheet I should be able to get them scanned and emailed to you.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Party at qtans house!!!!! :hat:

·
Registered
701 Posts
fluke said:
Party at qtans house!!!!! :hat:
Yeah, but are you going to invite ME this time?

Phillip, the scans are done and the email(s) should be going out to you shortly.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
qtan said:
Yeah, but are you going to invite ME this time?

Phillip, the scans are done and the email(s) should be going out to you shortly.
Thanks again Fluke and Qtan, I'll post some pictures later of the interceptor body with the resin aftermarket parts attached, they fit perfectly with just minimal sanding and filling. The only real tricky part is the spoiler lip that sits on the trunk.

Now maybe I can get the insides done!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Your welcome dude!

Have fun!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Big thanks to Steve and Troy, instructions REALLY were a big helpwith all the small bits! Here's the body after the first coat of primer. That trunk spoiler is a bear to get smooth and nice, not because of the conversion kit but because the kit's two end spoiler pieces had serious depressions molded in to them. I don't know if the pieces of mine were awfull, or if Aoshima didn't put much into them because they aren't supposed to be connected on the "Road warrior" version. But with patient wet sanding and refilling it's looking good!

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Hey guys, where did you get that resin kit you are talking about, to convert this kit into the first film version? I just made my Road Warrior version And want to do another like the first film!!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
beatlepaul said:
Hey guys, where did you get that resin kit you are talking about, to convert this kit into the first film version? I just made my Road Warrior version And want to do another like the first film!!!
http://www.afxnscaleresin.150m.com/

They're usually for sale on Ebay too, but it's cheaper from the source.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts