Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. We have not seen anything new in the Autothentics line for some time. And mostly repaints in the Muscle cars. I would be happy if they at least made convertibles out of the hardtops. :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
M2 just recently released Auto-Dreams Release 10. It is very similar to the Auto-thentics line. The cars included in that release are as follows:

1950 Oldsmobile 88
1955 Dodge Royal Lancer
1951 Ford Crestliner
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1953 Ford Crestline Victoria
1957 DeSoto Adventurer

These cars are in-stock and available for purchase now at diecastalley.com

Feel free to call us at 706-946-1120. We are open M-F from 10AM - 6PM, ET and Saturday from 10AM - 2PM, ET.

·
Registered
981 Posts
M2 just recently released Auto-Dreams Release 10. It is very similar to the Auto-thentics line. The cars included in that release are as follows:

1950 Oldsmobile 88
1955 Dodge Royal Lancer
1951 Ford Crestliner
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1953 Ford Crestline Victoria
1957 DeSoto Adventurer

These cars are in-stock and available for purchase now at diecastalley.com

Feel free to call us at 706-946-1120. We are open M-F from 10AM - 6PM, ET and Saturday from 10AM - 2PM, ET.
Thanks for trying .... but NEW Auto-thentics , as in NEW castings other than re-pushing old castings with changes in paint colors, wheels , stripes and doily patterns.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I sure hope they will release a 1959 Ford Galaxie soon. Plus a 1956 Packard Caribbean and a 1957 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. I've been hoping for many years to buy detailed versions of these three cars in the 1/64 range.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get me wrong. I like the repaints very much. But I do not like them calling it "Autothentics" and then they paint the cars purple, neon green, etc... I want originals. If Castline likes the customs that is okay. But please start a new series. Call it '50's customs? I would have been much happier if release 8 and 10 were original repaints. And while I'm thinking about it, what happened to release 9? Milezone's said they would have it in two weeks and it is well beyond that. Also will release 9 be originals or new castings? Is that why it was delayed? Sean, can you shed some light on this?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Let me try. Is there anything NEW at M2? Please don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Pinstripes and lakes pipes on last years peg warmers don't equal new.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I like the repaints very much. But I do not like them calling it "Autothentics" and then they paint the cars purple, neon green, etc... I want originals. If Castline likes the customs that is okay. But please start a new series. Call it '50's customs? I would have been much happier if release 8 and 10 were original repaints. And while I'm thinking about it, what happened to release 9? Milezone's said they would have it in two weeks and it is well beyond that. Also will release 9 be originals or new castings? Is that why it was delayed? Sean, can you shed some light on this?
We had some small issues with Auto-thentics release 09. The next new castings are for the Auto-Thentics line. So don't worry guys, we are going to be making more cars of the 1950's.

A side note, Auto-Thentics release 09 and Detroit-Muscle 10 actually go together. Both releases are factory cars.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,
Sean

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We had some small issues with Auto-thentics release 09. The next new castings are for the Auto-Thentics line. So don't worry guys, we are going to be making more cars of the 1950's.

A side note, Auto-Thentics release 09 and Detroit-Muscle 10 actually go together. Both releases are factory cars.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,
Sean
Thank you for the info. Sean, I am looking forward to the new releases and castings!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts