Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*pic added* Anyone willing to cast this for me/us???

Good evening friends,I just bought something today that I've been trying to find for a long time.... It's a plastic bodied 80's era Chevy S10 Blazer. The truck is from the late 80's....and is made from Tonka.....it's close to 1/64 scale........and was an air powered car that was launched via an air plunger type of launcher. I went to the local Hot wheel club meet today and saw this S10 Blazer in a buddy's loose car tray and I snapped it up fast....as I'd been desperately looking for one...to use as a slot car body.

I've already matched up the body to a Tyco 440X2 chassis...and the wheels match the wheel wells perfectly....and a narrow X2 chassis will fit inside of the body.

Now, I could easily just convert this and paint it for my collection......BUT, I figured I'd come here first and see if someone might be willing to make a mold of this body.......so that resin casts could be made from it.........since I think it would add alot of variety to people's slot collection.......and since 80's S10 bodies aren't available in a diecast form....only this plastic model. :thumbsup:

I'd be willing to ship this body off to the appropriate person to make a mold from this body.......providing that they'd hook me up with a few of the resin casts from the mold......also, I'd like to have the original body returned IF that's a possibility.

Please think it over guys....and let me know. THANKS, Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? This thing would be easy for you experienced casters to work with. This body is molded all as one piece......no seperate window glass,no seperate bumpers....... :confused:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It takes alot of time from what I understand to make a mold that works well. As you could imagine of the guys here I know that cast things there plates are pretty full. I tryed to cast some things myself but I stink at it. Smooth On is the product I used but I did not have the time to dedicate to do the job properly.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, I just took a picture of the S10 Blazer body that I'd like to get cast.....check the pic out in the first post :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts