Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I wish they had actually made it with a taco truck body instead of a delivery truck. By looking at the interior you can tell this casting is set up to be a food truck.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Did anyone else catch the glaring mistake Matchbox made with this one? Look at the name of the "Owner/Operator": S. Patel. Patel is the world's most common Hindu surname, and Hindus DON'T EAT BEEF! Does he only serve bean and/or chicken burritos?

If it was meant as a joke, it isn't very funny. I NEVER make fun of someone else's religion.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You would need to ask Shefali Patel that question. It is supposed to be named after her. I am sure if she had taken offense by it she would have pointed it out. She is a part of the Matchbox team, and works in the marketing department for Matchbox diecast and playsets.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish they had actually made it with a taco truck body instead of a delivery truck. By looking at the interior you can tell this casting is set up to be a food truck.
Yeah, I definitely wish it was open but I think they did a pretty good job with the tampos on the side the window is on of making it look like it was in travel mode. It's not perfect, but I still likes it.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Burrito truck... Sure. They need to get a license to make a UPS version of this thing, or even FedEx, sorry Jim :eek:. I'd take a U.S. Mail version too though :). But it really looks like a UPS or FedEx truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts