Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going crazy looking for a few of these and had no luck. Anybody got some spares they want to donate for a project.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have one, but only the one. You might want to try posting in the Die Cast Swap and Sell section, especially if you have stuff to trade.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You may want to check Big Lots as they get in older stock as you may find the Blue one and the Black one with the HW Logo down the side.....

I know Kmart had a few Hot Ones hangin but not buying them at $4.99ea

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Which car is that? I've never heard of that so I'm assuming you are talking.about something else but unlit would help me note if I come across any if I knew exactly what it was.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I only ever found the 2011 HW Racing Chevy Silverado in blue. I get the idea that the black ones were some American store chain exclusive (don't feel like checking).

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Man he's a day late on that post. Just found some 2 nights ago the promised to give them to someone else. Oh well. Ill keep my eyes open. Still need to find one for myself anyway.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The black one was a Wal-Mart exclusive.
The Hot Ones release is the only one that might be around and as Liv N Low mentioned is more expensive than a mainline. The mainline one might be tougher to find because it was released some time ago.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
There is Also a New Cars of the Decades 1983 Chevy Silverado Coming out in Walmart Stores.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
The black one was a Wal-Mart exclusive.
^ Why is it that Walmart Canada never seems to get the Walmart USA exclusives?

American Walmart cases seem to show up occasionally at Giant Tiger and The Bargain Shop (a Canadian bargain store chain), but I've never seen the black Silverado even there.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts

American Walmart cases seem to show up occasionally at Giant Tiger and The Bargain Shop (a Canadian bargain store chain), but I've never seen the black Silverado even there.
I'm not sure why you guys get the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives. There might be a customs limit as to what Mattel can bring into Canada each year or maybe they feel the US market is all they want to work with regarding store exclusives.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

You are best to contact Mattel for a possible answer to your question in why ..... It happens on both sides of the border in distributions - USA to Canada

I remember JL dumped all of their WLs at Canadas Walmarts back in 2004 05.... WLs were popping up at every Walmart in Canada by the dozens and none were found in the States. I call it poor distribution.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't seen any racing ones? All I have seen is the one on the sneek peeks that's solid red. I'm new to this so don't know all the other stuff. I saw the hot ones but not worn the price to reliant etc etc etc.

·
Registered
610 Posts
There might be a customs limit as to what Mattel can bring into Canada each year or maybe they feel the US market is all they want to work with regarding store exclusives.
I don't think it's a customs thing, I think Mattel doesn't bother with store exclusives for cars on International cards.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Nope.

Canadian versions of american store chains {like walmart} are only allowed to import up to one third of any USA only exclusives that the store chain may have. Since toys don't make a whoe lot of money, they stick to more profitable items like clothes.

It is this reason why Target isn't going to have any exclusives, and are not going to be any different than Zellers.

In fact Zellers is better than Target. Zellers almost always had lots of stock, even if it was old and over-priced. I've been in Targets in several states and they rarely have any stock.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The Target in town usually has had a good inventory. They get new stuff in every two weeks or so depending on what is on the pegs.
They restocked the other day and I finally got the new VW Beetle and the Hiway Hauler 2 and I managed to find the '92 Mustang T-Hunt. Plus there were several Mystery Machines.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts