Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first attempt at redoing a tonka, been building jeeps/trucks and such for enough years to know i wanted to try something other than a fullsize vehicle, so bought this tonka at a yard sale for $5.

bought a snad-blast cabinet, some paint stripper, and some JB weld, and went to work..

prime and paint time :

finished project:

also found this jeep at the same place, much less work needed.

and turned it into this:

thanks for looking !
jon

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Very nice work. Did you hand paint the letters ect?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the white lettering on the tires was raised, so i just wiped the paint marker lightly over it, and on the jeep are repro- decals i got on ebay for a couple bucks

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Nice work on both, especially the dump truck, you even straightened out the dents. Rust and bloody looking graffitti, that thing was really rough! :drunk:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the kind words :) the dump was in pretty rough shape, but the 2 year old that i gave to to for his birthday thought it was the best thing in the world!
Can't wait for the next batch i ordered on ebay to show up so i can turn out some more !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some more things i've been playing with lately..
turned this:

into

doing a little custom work turning this :

into this:

dropped it about 1/2" had to tub the bed to make room for the wheels to tuck, filled in the stake pockets on the bed, might chop the roof , but i'm not sure yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts