Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if this form is still active??

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
This place was the best!!!!!!

I met so many awsome guys that I still talk to!!!

Administrator
Glad you had a good time and are still in contact with each other. If any of them need help renewing or restarting their accounts let us know. 馃

Administrator
Hey there @hojoe happy to have you lurking about. The not much part is still pretty interesting though. Like I tell others "If you post it - they will come...."

Premium Member
got some of my best deals on t-jets on this site...met lots of guys from this site at the Indiana show..sat back and read the drama that was going on and the ones who got banned..all the while wondering how people could get so crazy over little boy toys..and also sadly saw and heard of the ones who went to slot car track in the sky..had guys tell me how to properly rebuild the t-jet chassis..made trades for things I needed...got great deals on parts and bodies and chassis as well.seems Facebook took the brunt of guys over to that format as it was easier to post pics and sell stuff without any hassles.time and things evolve..maybe due to the controversy over Facebook folks will come back...only time will tell..

Premium Member
Hi Joe65Skylark hope you start posting again myself & Hilltop still customizing & Tourmax in General is very active! Use Imgur for pic then copy here, preview post see pic then post. Always enjoyed following your post. Welcome back all!! ..RL

Administrator
got some of my best deals on t-jets on this site...met lots of guys from this site at the Indiana show..sat back and read the drama that was going on and the ones who got banned..all the while wondering how people could get so crazy over little boy toys..and also sadly saw and heard of the ones who went to slot car track in the sky..had guys tell me how to properly rebuild the t-jet chassis..made trades for things I needed...got great deals on parts and bodies and chassis as well.seems Facebook took the brunt of guys over to that format as it was easier to post pics and sell stuff without any hassles.time and things evolve..maybe due to the controversy over Facebook folks will come back...only time will tell..

Good to hear you enjoyed the site. I mostly hang out in the diecast forum but have had the chance to explore all the sections over the past few years. There are some definite gaps in the history here at HobbyTalk but it seems a similiar drama (and over moderation) really placed a toll everywhere across this site. VS-Admin has given us a new platform and a stable site now and hopefully a new long term home for a great future. Not quite the same home as before but still a place to come back to. Thanks for your on going support and posts especially!

Administrator
When you have the time here is a brief history on the original start up of what became HobbyTalk. Would love to hear more about the gaps and early days. And if you are still lurking about but cant get back in to the site under your old membership be sure to contact us at the bottom page or start a new avatar and let us know who you were!

Registered
I guess that it is time to throw my 2垄 in. In general people are posting a lot less on slot BBs than they were a few years ago. I have checked on the statistics for a number of boards and while a lot of people are checking up on them the percentage of people that actually post anything has gone down a lot. A few diehards do the majority of the posts. I do not believe that the problem is that too many people have gotten out of the hobby. I speak to a major maker of silicone and urethane tires on a regular basis, for him making tires is a full-time job and he tells me that he is often barely able to keep up with his orders even though he has three people helping with the work. If the hobby is dying out why is he selling so many tires?
One factor that occurred to me is that many people have switched from using computers with keyboards to touchscreen devices like tablets and smartphones. Posting a lengthy reply using the latter type of device can be a rather awkward business.
In any case BBs like this one need to be nurtured, so I encourage all of the folks out there to become active participants.

Registered
Hard to believe I've been on HT since 2006. Took the plunge a few years back into full on slot car collecting and haven't looked back.i still collect die-cast but slots are the passion.
I hope this and other message boards can come back abit more.ive tried the Facebook groups and just don't get it. How do you find info on there? You don't. Advantage to message boards. Create topics on something and it can be searched or stickied in an info topic.
Always drop by here still on my daily surf.

Administrator
I dont really get facebook either - though I have an account and I think there is still a HobbyTalk page out there too.

I also dont check the phone and tablet interface as often as I should but I did go look today. It seems fairly direct to visit and look at things but I find typing anything there an awkward - all thumbs process as well.

One thing I would like to see VS Admin change is the main page titles so that the subforums dont show - only the main boards. Its not as obvious as it used to be that the other boards exist with the collectibles taking up the front page. Once you start scrolling down they are easy to access and work a lot smoother than they used too!

Registered
It is a fun hobby and like so many others here we were involved back in the 60s and 70s and then our interests changed. We got our drivers licence, girlfriends and full time jobs and the slot car racing got pushed aside. I was fortunate enough to box it up and put in the attic and now our 5 year old grandson has taken an interest in it so Grandpa is starting over again after 50 years. I look back at a lot of the older posts in these forums and appears to be a resurgance in the early 2000s that lasted for a few years. Hopefully it keeps growing now.
Take care stay safe and have a happy festive season.

Registered
Still check in now and again. Fortunate enough to run cars a number times a year with a group. Still make online purchases and check out eBay. Until Covid-19 hit, was getting to slot car shows. Watched the prices go up, but still looking for cars and parts.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts