Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.round2models.com/models/star-trek

So that's the list up until June. Are there any other Trek kits they could release in the 2nd 1/2 of the year?

Way to up the ante on the tin boxes -3 different color tribbles?

I've been used to looking at my MMM K-7 for a couple years now. To see AMT's k-7 is a real eye opener after all these decades.

PS. That cool Pilgrim Observer model is in May.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,274 Posts
Dammit, when you said "R2" I thought they were repopping the old AMT R2-D2 kit. :(

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Interesting--with the decals it looks like you can make the K-7 look fairly decent despite its big inaccuracies. And it's smart to reissue all those 1/2500 Enterprise kits (even though it's annoying the way they're separately packaged)--people will want to have a lineup of those to go with the JJ Enterprise.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
MadCap Romanian posted:
The 1961 Ford Styline will be awesome! Also the other stuff too, including Munsters and Star Trek! And don't forget the Zingers.
I like Zingers.
They're a pretty good imitation of Twinkies!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
http://www.round2models.com/models/star-trek

So that's the list up until June. Are there any other Trek kits they could release in the 2nd 1/2 of the year?

Way to up the ante on the tin boxes -3 different color tribbles?

I've been used to looking at my MMM K-7 for a couple years now. To see AMT's k-7 is a real eye opener after all these decades.

PS. That cool Pilgrim Observer model is in May.
I usually dread the Summer months due to the heat. This year these reissues and New Star Trek kits will take some of the edge off and make Summer something to really look forward too!

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I wonder if the 1/2500 1701 in the 3 ship Cadet series kit will be any more accurate than the old AMT version or if these are just being repopped from the same molds. I remember all the work it took to get the 1/2500 AMT 1701 corrected.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
...curious as to why clear parts in the Stooges kits...well, maybe transparent amber flames for their torches...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,274 Posts
I wonder if the 1/2500 1701 in the 3 ship Cadet series kit will be any more accurate than the old AMT version or if these are just being repopped from the same molds. I remember all the work it took to get the 1/2500 AMT 1701 corrected.
Far as I know, these are just repops.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It shouldn't be too hard to get more tribbles...just buy one kit and feed the thing.

:tongue:
Genius!!! And here I thought it would take at least $100 to get all three!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
by the way, have then mentioned the size of the tribble? even a small one would have to be at least 3 X 3 X 5 inches to be anything like "life size". i know about the mouths of gift horses, but......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts