Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know anything about this mainline mustang?
It's being billed on TTP as "Rare" and going for $15 + shipping.
Is it just another case of wait and see?

This is in a 2 pack.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That figures. Someone over there either has no clue or they are deliberately misrepresenting the thing, hoping some uninformed gotta have it know collector buys it.
What a racket!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
As noted, this Mustang comes in a two pack at Target stores. The car features a new paint scheme and silver FTE rims. The car will be coming out on a single pack as a 2010 series model in the new "A" code cases due out shortly. When it does come out on the single BP, it will have GOLD FTE rims. So this is supposedly a short run variation. A fellow collector picked one up for me, though I don't have it yet. Hope this info helps.

Take care and have a great week all.

Scott

·
Registered
506 Posts
As noted, this Mustang comes in a two pack at Target stores. The car features a new paint scheme and silver FTE rims. The car will be coming out on a single pack as a 2010 series model in the new "A" code cases due out shortly. When it does come out on the single BP, it will have GOLD FTE rims. So this is supposedly a short run variation. A fellow collector picked one up for me, though I don't have it yet. Hope this info helps.
But then, isn't that similar to the Dodge Challenger Concept that was part of the 2009 Faster Than Ever series? What I mean is, that car has gold FTE rims on the standard issue blister, but I found the same car in a two-pack with the blue Dream Garage 67 Camaro with silver FTE rims. I picked up three of those the other day at Target, never thought for a second that it was a special variation.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
The silver rims are not FTEs (no nickel-plated axle). They're just regular small OH5SP's. I bought a couple of those thinking they were an '09 recolor. I found out later they are going to be in the '10 lineup. The Target 2 pack Mustang Fastbacks won't be any rarer than the Nova or Duel Fueler with reg. OH5SP's, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts