Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hard to say. The orange/yellow colors do look funky. The Porche 917 looks orange and the McLaren almost looks red. The stripes on the blue Porche-Audi 917-30 look orange and they should be yellow. Could be Faller colors or could be the camera. The second wingless Daytona is a mystery to me. Maybe Mexico or Australia. Or X-Acto.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
That one Daytona looks like a cross of the traditional USA version and the one made for the Mexican sets. Have no idea on the Porsche, if it is a custom, looks like a great job because it doesn't looked "painted". :eek: rr

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got outbid in the last 4 seconds. I should have gone higher, even if just for the chassis. Oh well!

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
micyou03 said:
I got outbid in the last 4 seconds. I should have gone higher, even if just for the chassis. Oh well!
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.... we've all been there at least once. You're right, that wouldn't have been bad for just the chassis. Gotta love those snipers. ;) rr

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The Daytona is just someone trying to remove the black on the hood. The Mexican cars didn't have numbers painted on, just the racoon-mask job. The Porsche 917 is yellow/blue.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dlw said:
The Daytona is just someone trying to remove the black on the hood. The Mexican cars didn't have numbers painted on, just the racoon-mask job. The Porsche 917 is yellow/blue.

So the colors are just way off? If that is the case I feel much better now. Although I wasn't too upset anyway. However I am going to make an orange/blue (reverse Gulf) 917 one of these days.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have been so disappointed to open the box and find a yellow/blue 917. The what I thought was orange/blue was the only car I really wanted. I was going to skim off that car and try to sell the rest.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Yeah, I think the color needs to be adjusted on that camera. Those are orange Daytonas you're looking at, along with the yellow/blue can't-swing-a-dead-cat-without-hitting Porsche 917. But all of that for around $70 including shipping is a good deal.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I know its a good deal but I just keep buying and my collection needs to be thinned out as it is. I have so many cars that I have about 150 on display, about 30 on my track table 100 in Jammers boxes and then there are the extra case of JLXT series 1. The F&F R1 & R2 cars I haven't opened yet. Not to mention the JLTO series 3,4,5,6,& 7 cars I haven't gotten to yet. And I have a bunch of Roger bodies I plan on using many of thoe JLTO chassis on.

I am trying to limit my purchases to got to haves and steals. If the 917 was in fact orange/blue I would have considered it a got to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts