Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone to make a Male and Female with the Kids Saucers from Batteries Not Included. All lit up and fully animated.

C.
:wave:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen a kit. I would be interested in kit or scratch built. Whatever is accurate.

This would be a gift for someone so I want them to look accurate in every way.
C.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Sure it could be done, but one problem is "What size do you want them in?" "Life size", so to speak? That will dictate a lot of just how hard building them will be.

Also realize that someone here can build them (heck, I probably even could!), but you'll be looking at some serious cash. Giving the amount of time that most of us work on a kit, even giving a "minimum wage" per hour for building plus materials, it'll most likely run you into the hundreds easy.

Also, when is the birthday that you want to have them by? Some of us may not even consider the job if it seems too soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
O.K.

Its funny the first thing that comes up is the money issue.

I have no problems paying if it is something I want. You say in the hundreds? I have paid in the thousands. (Oops now I did it.LOL)

As for a Birthday? I never said it was for a birthday. It would be a gift.

Yes I would like them to be real size.

If you know of someone please let me know.

C. :wave:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
ladyt1 said:
Its funny the first thing that comes up is the money issue.
Not funny, but entirely appropriate. Budget (along with delivery schedule) is a key determinant of project scope in commissioned work of any type. :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
ladyt1 said:
As for a Birthday? I never said it was for a birthday. It would be a gift.
Well, given as a random gift without a (finite) deadline would allow for more flexability due to unforseen problems arising.

SteveR said:
Not funny, but entirely appropriate. Budget (along with delivery schedule) is a key determinant of project scope in commissioned work of any type. :)
Indeed.

<ponders the details of the 'bots>

·
Registered
729 Posts
ya know I'd love to do these, already have wheems but always wanted to make these little guys.. I just got too much on my plate at the moment...
Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts