Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I haven't... he had some Moebius Chariot parts he was going to send me back in February and at the time he mentioned being sick. Not sure if I have seen him around since then now that you mention it. But, I hadn't been looking either. Hope he is ok.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump...still no contact...
anyone?
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, his last post was May 26, 2014... ?
Denis

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
guess he goes on the bad trader list or people that just dropped off the face of the earth
Why would he warrant being pout on the 'Bad Trader' list??

I do know he was getting increasingly busy and perhaps visiting online forums got put aside for a while.

I do hope things are going well for him- he is a great person and a talented builder.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Why would he warrant being pout on the 'Bad Trader' list??
Because several people have asked me "did you get ripped off too"? Take the money and run I guess ?

My own failed transaction did NOT involve money or anything, but still... it went from "it's in the mail tomorrow" to "crickets" overnight.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I do know he was getting increasingly busy and perhaps visiting online forums got put aside for a while.

I do hope things are going well for him- he is a great person and a talented builder.
True but in a short time I went through a divorce, two moves, death of both parents, and the closing of my business and I never lost touch with anyone or just went totally silent and invisible. How long does it take to email someone? Especially over 6+ months?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4 Months later and still no word??? Come on......
Denis

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
My last correspondence was on Feb 10... supposedly he was going to mail something at that time (no money involved!). So that is almost 11 months here... Not going to hold my breath.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmmm, Well I've been waiting for a package for 2 years now and money was involved, which is really incidental as I don't want the money back....just the package, which to my understanding was ready to go.... over a year ago now. All I'm saying is a deal is a deal and I, like everyone here has had shit happen to them over the years....from deaths to divorces and bad fortune has even plagued me in the past...but I let people around me know what the situation was and got back on my feet and made things right. So if this gets through to Steve, Please contact me...Hell I'll even pay for the shipping if that's what it takes....I'd just like the package....email me please....you've got my addy....
Thanks... and I'm not mad....only frustrated....
Denis

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
It is quite possible that he died and nobody knew his HobbyTalk account to access it and let us know what happened to him. If you know his real name and address, google search for him. If you find his obituary on-line, you'll know what happened and be able to find contact info for his next-of-kin and take your case to them.
It's sad, but it does happen, and will continue to do so until all of these doctors and medical researches come up with a cure for it.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No he is not dead from what a "friend of his" has told me in private.
Same here...On August 20 I got a PM from a friend/acquaintance of his and the message was ... I got in touch with Steve Causey through the grapevine. He's ok but is going through a rough patch martially. Says he'll be back in touch asap.

Well that ASAP has turned into 4 months......

Denis

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The thing is that in 4 to 11 months no matter what happened you could find the time to send an email and that is the frustrating thing. I think a lot of times the person in question is well meaning, and things do happen... but then they just say screw it or forget about it. It reminds me of a customer I had to turn over to the State Attorney's office for a $15 bad check (that cost them $1000 in the end with fines, court costs etc.). The lady lived down the street from my store... I called her, talked to her... she was going to be in next Monday yadda yadda yadda. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Finally she got a registered letter saying she had to pay the $15 plus a $25 returned check fee or I would turn it over to the SA's office... I know she got the letter because I got the return receipt with her signature. This time she said she was on disability and would have her husband come in with the money when he got back in town (truck driver, yeah)... NOTHING. So I turned it over to law enforcement, she got a summons for bad checks, and had to pay me, the state, court costs etc. She was blubbering about how unfair I was. I said look... You had like 5 months to pay $40 and made ZERO effort. You don't drive? Ok mail me a money order. Mail me a couple books of stamps, Tape some money to the back of a tortoise and point it my way... ANYTHING.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well a year has flown by without a word....
not cool....
Denis

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
No. Everytime this crops up someone claiming to know Steve PMs me saying he will be back soon... Makes me wonder if its not Steve with a different account?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could very well be....
I believe at this point I'm just :beatdeadhorse:
Too bad...Didn't think I was dealing with such a....

Denis

1 - 20 of 45 Posts