Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had an issue with it until yesterday. It says "This account in maintanence"

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I can't get my pictures to load. I went on their site and looked at their posts for problems and issues and they have a posting saying they had a server go down and they are having to rebuild it and it will take awhile. They also said no data was lost but it will be a few days before they are up 100% again.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I just tried it 12:10 PM worked fine for me.This was what was sitting close by so I took the pic and uploaded it to the Bucket no problems.

To make up not being diecast here is an older pic....

Dang saw my first Christmas stuff at Wallys today so the pic.......

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
For me, Photobucket has just been R-E-A-L-L-Y slow recently, and sometimes it refuses to upload anything. I thought it might have been my computer, but I've been hearing about other peoples' difficulties on this and other websites recently, so I gues it's THEM and not me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Get a free flickr account. IMHO, it's significantly better than PB due to it's UI and speed. I never touch my 3 PB accounts anymore.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never had any problem with PB and enjoy using it. It DOES sound like they may be doing maintenance, but I think I will start a Flickr account as a back up. Thanks.
Get a free flickr account. IMHO, it's significantly better than PB due to it's UI and speed. I never touch my 3 PB accounts anymore.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
screw photobucket just host them on here and just right click on each picture " copy image url" and use the img tags.... i HATE 99% of those photohosting sites. if you want your pictures to remain on a forum use their hosting on site because what if photobucket sells out?what if the person deletes their account and the pictures are usefull? then every single picture you posted will not show so i am highly against it because of how many times i ran into said issue...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you mean do it as an attachment and then an image? There is a limit on the amount of attachments you can have. I hope I have this wrong because I am very interested in the way you post your pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
My PB page is PAINFULLY slow and sometimes locks up completely, likely because I have far exceeded the bandwidth for a free account. Editing is where I have the most problems, so now I edit my pics pre-upload to save time.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Now, this is a touchy subject for me, as I seem to have a problem of some kind EVERY time I'm dealing with PB.
Thanks for the flickr info, XOsPapa, I'll definitely have to check it out.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts