Hobbyist Forums banner

Anyone have info on this Revell Germany TOS Klingon D-7?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  irishtrek 
#1 ·
#6 ·
The grill inset in the wings is sideways - instead of vertical (or non-existent) and the shape of that inset is also too triangular (from what I can tell). The engines look a little too squared off along the sides - can't describe that any better.

There also seems to be an issue with the engineering structure - the grill detail there just doesn't seem to be shaped right either.

I don't have one of these and, like the Revell Enterprise kit, I never will. Too much money for a marginal product...

#7 ·
The biggest problem is the rear of the engineering hull, which I think was probably based (like much of the rest of the model) on the Trek Remastered CG ship. BUT I think it's a fascinating model because there's a low-relief version of the K'Tinga "feather" plating on the top of the engineering hull and the flat top of the command module, but the ship is smooth otherwise. With the window detail it looks very much like the "Phase II" Klingon ship before it was detailed to become the K'Tinga for TMP, or even the revised Klingon model used in the DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations" episode. So if you can look at it as a variant, and not the TOS D-7, it's a very interesting, well-engineered kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.