·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Wow.

That is intense.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Going over to his house this evening when wife gets home. Really cool guy. Anybody looking for any specific grails? He seem to have everything. If i can afford it ill see what i can get. He is a true collector and not looking to screw over other collectors. Hed rather piece it out than sell to sone wholesaler, which he has already declined a very high offer of $65,000 from a dealer out of NYC. If you have a holy grail this is the time to request i look at it. A collector is coming down from CT to look at it and is interested in a large part if not all of it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thanks. I talked to him for quite a while. He seems like a great guy. Actual collector so he said he would even look to trade for sone newer stuff i might have. Ill let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Thanks. I talked to him for quite a while. He seems like a great guy. Actual collector so he said he would even look to trade for sone newer stuff i might have. Ill let you all know how it turns out.
WOW! I know I can't even afford to talk with the guy, even though I'm almost in his back yard. I saw a couple in the 3rd photo that I'd love to get my grubby little paws on, like one of the Jack Rabbits and the chrome Chevy Monza. If he has a early Custom Nomad in Antifreeze Green, I WANT IT! Same with an early 70's 442 in purple. All have fond memories from my childhood.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Based on the pics, that is a very impressive collection! I sure would like to have the 74E Cougar Villager wagon he has pictured, and maybe some others, but my wallet says "not right now."

I can think of a couple of members who might be interested in Micro Machines, too...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Anyone know what shellybaby is into?
Die cast wise, geez get your mind out of the gutter. Ok maybe that too. Lol
I might have to find her something special as a finders fee if all works out well.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i havent a clue! i would just send her some of the older stuff, anyone who loves diecast would be really happy with some old great condition cars..i would be interested in some vintage stuff if it was not highly priced. if he has any thing that needs restoration i would be interested in those as well.. some pre 1950 style cars i would love.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would of taken the $65,000 only if I knew what I had in my collection in price, which I am sure he knows what he has into it.

$65,000 is still alot of cash as that is a new home for many.

I think I would of taken the $65k and said bye bye to the collection as the longer he holds onto it the less it will be worth down
the road if he didn't have top dollar prototypes etc....

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Eric, that purple VW looks interesting and the Mercedes with the black top would be a good one for you. The black top ones are harder to get. The red camaro would be a good one too!

·
Banned
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Eric is camping out at the guys house... LOL I am glad I was able to help him out if he doesn't get in trouble with his wife for spending to much... LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts