Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just curious. i work 2nd shift now and go by our local WM about 11:30pm. wondering if i was to check there that late at night might give me a chance of finding one.
not that i would keep it. just think it would be neat to find one. then i'd sell it here.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i have found most of mine at a wally. Been very lucky on finding them too. Very very very lucky. But anyway it is possible you will. And time of day means very little. I have found them at all times of day and night. So i would say just go when you feel like it and good luck.
Happy hunting

Stack

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
of course at night,,,,thats when they pull out the pallets of stock to put up.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Only found 1 , long time ago ..... Too many scalpers in my area ..... Only whites I found several of were 1/25 65 Dodge kits , & they dont re-sell very well .. I did find 2 Mopar 10 car sets today at TRU with a WL 62 Plymouth though !!! Anyone interested ???

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
If you visit WM here around 11:30pm, you'd have to wait seven and a half hours until they open, because most open at 7am and close at 10pm and none are open 24 hours.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Same here bro. I went to Wal-mart today and all they had was a full set of Clue cars.

CTWLSMIKE said:
If you visit WM here around 11:30pm, you'd have to wait seven and a half hours until they open, because most open at 7am and close at 10pm and none are open 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not in Canada. I have never heard of anyone ever finding a WL at any WM anywhere in Canada. The Great White North doesn't get whites, just mostly JL licensed junk.
Just Spiderman, Monopoly, Clue, Marvel Comic junk, more Monopoly, Clue, more Spidey. And more Spidey, and more Spidey. You get the picture.
I guess Walmart Canada's ordering department doesn't know what a muscle car is.
You Americans are truly lucky.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here in swamp east MO, it depends on which WM you go to and when. Some put them out on days, some on nights, and some as soon as they come off of the truck. Some come to the pegs, opened and short a car or two. If you are there when they start to hang them, you have a decent chance to find WL's and/or TH's.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Since Wal-mart is the only store within 35 miles to stock JL's yes I have found a few WL's especially at night. Today they stocked some Monster cars but I only seen 11 on the pegs that "other guy" must have beat me to the WL :( .

Steve

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
accobra64 said:
Not in Canada. I have never heard of anyone ever finding a WL at any WM anywhere in Canada. The Great White North doesn't get whites, just mostly JL licensed junk.
Just Spiderman, Monopoly, Clue, Marvel Comic junk, more Monopoly, Clue, more Spidey. And more Spidey, and more Spidey. You get the picture.
I guess Walmart Canada's ordering department doesn't know what a muscle car is.
You Americans are truly lucky.

Cheers. Cobra
I'm thinking this has to do with dual language packaging,I'm pretty sure if the product goes to Canada it must carry the bi-lingual card and for some reason the muscle car series just has english on it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Since Wal-mart is the only store within 35 miles to stock JL's yes I have found a few WL's especially at night. Today they stocked some Monster cars but I only seen 11 on the pegs that "other guy" must have beat me to the WL
Which car was missing? If it was a VW..chances are it wasn't a WL. They are in high demand regardless :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
6 of the 10 Whites I have found on the pegs came from the local WM. I haven't ever found any at the other 2 WM's within 40 miles though. I have had 2 double strikes, both at the same store. First was a MC 3 GTO and Cuda a long time ago and next was 2 Lost Topper Custom Chargers some time back. The rest, but 1, came from TRU. The other was from a vender at the CA hot rod reunion. He must have missed it, because it was with the regulars. :wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
what do you look for in finding white lightnings? i'm kind of new at this. i collect JL cars love them but don't know a white lightning from a regular car. i'm sure i've seen and held them and didn't know it. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
In Canada..
accobra64 is right..! at Walmart, all I ever see is Clue..Spiderman and Monopoly...they must all buy the same series..? Seems to me that these sit on the shelf a long time...occasionally I find a dilapidated left over from the distant past...like a non WL Willy's Gasser..good for opening to display.....main stream sales is usually directed towards the cheaper diecasts like Hotwheels FE and Matchbox...these zoom off the shelves !!! kind of like treats...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
:wave:
earthcat said:
what do you look for in finding white lightnings? i'm kind of new at this. i collect JL cars love them but don't know a white lightning from a regular car. i'm sure i've seen and held them and didn't know it. thanks for any info.
Check out Rick's website....www.lightninglane.com
there's a wealth of information there that's sure to help..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts