Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is anyone else grabbing a tail dragged from RLC? I think it looks awesome. I'm not a fan of the hot rods necessarily but that one jumped out at me. 24 hour exclusive for HWC RLC members. It looks real sharp. Pricey but I like it a lot. I got mine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
"Pricey" being the keyword ....to many $s especially when considering the inflated shipping & handling charges.
I've found that most RLC/HWC offerings can be had for appreciably less than their original (total) cost on the aftermarket if I'm patient and wait a few months.
As a result, I stopped renewing my "pricey" RLC membership in 2007 and haven't looked back since. :)

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Yeah, I've got the subscription plan same as I had last year. They might be pricey but I enjoy them and thats all that counts. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, I've got the subscription plan same as I had last year. They might be pricey but I enjoy them and thats all that counts. :)
If you enjoy them and don't mind the price then ...all is good.

There isn't a right or wrong way to collect!
That's what makes this and other hobbies so cool! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I overpay on a few of the club cars, mostly the remade original redlines. If its one of the fancy mainlines it has to be something really special. I passed on this one, it looked too much like the original first edition to me.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would typiclly balk at that price but if it ends up looking as good as it does paint wise in te pics I'll be happy with it. I have passed on other variations of tht car but that one just really appealed to me. if it doesn't live up, I'll return it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would typiclly balk at that price but if it ends up looking as good as it does paint wise in te pics I'll be happy with it. I have passed on other variations of tht car but that one just really appealed to me. if it doesn't live up, I'll return it.
Understood ...and I truly hope that it meets or even exceeds your expectations. :)

I never considered returning a RLC product, back in the day, due to the monetary loss that I would have incurred by doing so.
Back then they didn't refund shipping and handling nor did they pay for return postage so it was usually more cost effective just to keep the product in order to minimize the loss.
Don't know how things work today but if your total shipping charges (of near ten bucks) are going to be unremembered for a sixteen dollar car; then 'ya just as well keep it IMUO. :eek:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
This casting has been one of my favorites since it first came out.

I collected quite a few of the different colors it came in when it was all metal.

Once they went with the plastic base,the casting no longer interested me.

The metal gave it some heft.Like you were holding something.

They made great weights for surf casting as well. :hat:

Mike

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
This casting has been one of my favorites since it first came out.

I collected quite a few of the different colors it came in when it was all metal.

Once they went with the plastic base,the casting no longer interested me.

The metal gave it some heft.Like you were holding something.

They made great weights for surf casting as well. :hat:

Mike
:lol::lol::lol: HA! HA! HA! The oldies certainly are heavy. Mini boat anchors...

:wave:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I like the Car but this casting has been beat to death though in colors

Here is a trivia question for you HW collectors ..... How many of you know what yr and make the Tail Dragger is ?????

Lets see how many of you know... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny part is I signed up for the HWC club specifically for this car. so the car cost me the membership and the car costs an I am still happy with it. I signed up 2 days prior to the car availability (never new about the collecto club prior. Just stumbled upon it). And this at arrived before my membership kit with the T-bird that comes with it. For a purple one which equates to super late comer.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
got mine in today.colors do'nt matter i still love the casting.:thumbsup:this one is very close to the 98 FE or pin strip seriers one.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I actually am glad my HWC c car is purple. It'll appeal to my little daughter. She seems to love the cars. She appreciates "daddy's special cars" and knows they are special. I always bring home some mainlines for her to open and share with her little brother and the neighbor boy who my wife gets on the bus in the am. I'll usually let her give him a car from the play ones. They all get a big kick out of it. The purple on both te tail swagger and third are just perfect. For the last 6 years I've been so accustomed to buying things in pink and purple that my baby boy is throwing things I to a spin. Been overcompensating with Bruder trucks or him. They should be good till he's 12. They are awesome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts