Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for anyone doin brushless gearbox oval with a Dirt oval car or truck , I'm gonna start experimenting and i'm wondering where to start with gearing , gonna use an LRP sphere competition and Movak 13.5 or 4300 motor

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Dave
When do you want to start experimenting. I got the the Movak GTB and both the 13.5 and the 4300. Do you want to wait for clay or start on the carpet.
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
hey dave, once again thanks for the heads up on the front blue aluminum bulkhead. i got it over the weekend from mr remington. i put it on and it tightened up my front end considerably. aparently, the delrin bulkheads must get weak after a while.

btw, we run 10th scale brushed 19 turn trucks and brushless novak 10.5 trucks and 10th scale electic and nitro edm's at the ny state fairgrounds in syracuse if your interested. the track is a 500 ft sealed asphalt track and we average just over 40 mph actual. out schedule we run is tuesday nights starting around 7:15pm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
we're running 13.5's on a dirt oval in our 2wd EDM class. I'm not too sure of the runline, but I'd guess 175-185 feet. Last year with a CO27, I'd run a 104/45 gear. This year with the 13.5 I run 84/57 gear. The B/L setup is a bit faster than the 27 turn setup by maybe a 10th or two a lap.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
that seems like alot of gear for that size track. what kind and size tire are you running and do u measure the temp of the motor and if so how hot does it come off the track?

·
Registered
780 Posts
tires are 2.6" diameter, and the car has TQ'd and won for the past 2 weeks. Hoping for a another tonight....... THe motor comes off between 125 and 135 depending on how free the car is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts