Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mc2-toys ... A friend asked me to contact him to finish a deal and like his feedback states he just ignores some buyers. She has purchased from him before with no problems but now for some reason choses to ignore her emails. The cars are for her dad who goes crazy for diecast but is not well enough to go out and buy on his own so ever now and them she buys him some. These were for Christmas but I doubt he'll come through. I tried contacting him with no results and I know he's around cause others are getting their items? Anyone shed positive light on this situation or is he really what some buyers say he is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've purchased one item from him, and the transaction was perfect. I don't think I ever attempted to contact him, but I was completely satisfied with the sale. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
750 Posts
File a claim before its to late, dont wait around on him to get back to you, he is prob trying to make you wait 30 days so you cant get your money back. File a claim with paypal right now. I bet he responds once you file a claim.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I would go with filing a claim with pay pal... On the other hand, let's all find him on ebay and start sending him harrassing emails !!! Fire with fire !!!

I found him on ebay... Here's his link to his items... What's the buyers user ID ? ... Everyone should send him some emails and let him know to answer her emails and get it together... I hate sellers like that... you can have several good transactions and all of a sudden nothing... You know they're still doing business caause of their feedback... Send him some messages guys... Strength in quanity !!!

http://shop.ebay.com/mc2-toys/m.html?_dmd=1

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support guys but he hasn't even sent her an invoice to pay. The last email was "let me know when you're done and I'll send you an invoice". Same as the other times she has purchased from him. They were priced really well so I think he just sold them for more money and is avoiding having to deal with the issue.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If she paid it doesnt matter if he sent an invoice or not, she can file a claim. If she hasnt paid them just forget it and dont ever buy from him again

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's actually a member and sponsor of this forum and pretty well respected of what I can tell. I'm almost afraid of revealing his identity. Anyway no money has been exchanged so I told her to move on. She hopes that it being Christmas and all he'll come around and do the right thing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
He's actually a member and sponsor of this forum and pretty well respected of what I can tell. I'm almost afraid of revealing his identity. Anyway no money has been exchanged so I told her to move on. She hopes that it being Christmas and all he'll come around and do the right thing.
Maybe if you revealed his identity he would start doing the right thing, he should know this is not how to conduct a successfull buisness, and maybe if he starts loosing buisness he will see that. You already gave his ebay ID and I know after reading this post I prob. wouldnt ever buy anything from him.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hate to say it, but I was just looking on Ebay and he had a few cars I would like to have. Then I noticed the name and remembered this thread, so I passed....bummer.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I was being nosey and looked him up and his NEGATIVE FB's alone would
scare you away. He has 2700+ FB's but alot of Negatives and Nuetrals
that are uncalled for in not responding to any of his customers when they
are the ones who is putting money in his pocket.

IMHO, Keep your Customers happy people and they will always come back.
Ignore them, then they will leave Negatives and go elsewhere to buy what
they are looking for.

These are the Sellers I avoid in buying from and of course take there
Business from when I sell on eBay..lol..I guess I should say thank you to
them. LOL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would open up a claim before its too late ( 45 Days ) to get your money
back or to avoid getting a claim against you for not paying for what you won.

DO NOT wait for a Seller to send you a invoice as that is their JOB and not
yours. Ask the Seller for a total combined invoice and if they will not send
you one then open up a claim and this usually gets the fire under their butts.

Buyers today have way more rights over a Seller on eBay when it comes to
POOR Business so don't wait for any Yahoo when it is Christmas as you will
never get your item you wanted. ( Free Advice Here) Always read a persons
FB's before you purchase as that is what you go by in how they conduct
business.

Good luck and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
He's actually a member and sponsor of this forum and pretty well respected of what I can tell. I'm almost afraid of revealing his identity.
If he's the one I think your talking about there have been issues posted on this board before about problems with his service. He has even been booted from ebay in the past.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have dealt with him in the past and had great service. As of lately, I have stopped dealing with him, because of the lack of response.

What I started doing, the last time or two, was to request an invoice through ebay on EVERY item that I had done BIN on. Then once I got the invoice, and paid, I would send him a message, through ebay, on EVERY item, and asked when it would ship, every day until I got a response.

Hope this helps. Always send responses through ebay, not direct email.

JP2

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
700 feedbacks in one month makes this person one busy bee. That's a lot of selling and/or buying. They are probably swamped with emails and busy getting items out. There are a lot of negatives and neutrals in the group too for the month. To many for me to deal with such a seller. Do you know where this seller is located? Their address or something? Someone here may live close to them and could maybe get the status of things for you. JMO.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Someone was kind enough to send me more info. The seller I was told formerly went under the name marks-collectibles on the bay and is Mark#10 and Lefthander RC on this forum. He makes decals and guys are having the same trouble there if you check his posts. It seems this is his way. It's just a matter of you being lucky enough to have your order filled or not. People are willing to take their chances I guess. I don't like to judge and I'm sure he's a good guy and all but if you can't handle the load then get help. At least say I'm really busy but I'll get to it and I'm sorry for the dealy. She sent three emails and I tried through HT but no reply.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
:rolleyes:
member of this forum? yes! well respected? hardly! this guy has burned people on this board before through his ebay dealings. some have had nothing but good service while others never got their cars nor a response form mark. he has been called out on this board numerous times in the past and not responded even though he was caught viewing the threads calling him out. i hope your friend has better luck than others in getting their stuff.

as for those who insist on sticking up for him, there is no excuse for shafting one single buyer let alone many. you can say that he is just so busy and use that excuse to paint a good picture but IMO, if you have that much going on where you constantly screw over buyers by not shipping them their cars nor respond to their numerous attempts to contact you when they do not receive their cars, then you should cut down on your listings to an amount you could handle to make sure you have time to ship all orders and reply to those who haven't received their stuff.

even if a lot of you had great dealings with mark, that doesn't make him an outstanding guy, seller or sponsor. if i burned 1 out of every 10 people that i've traded with on this board, do you think that would be ok? yet there are some here that speak of him like he is an outstanding seller even though he has burned hundreds of buyers.:rolleyes: if any single member here who didn't do this stuff for a living burned one person, 90% of you would bash them and spread the word about them as much as possible yet this seems to be ok for mark because he is a member and site sponsor??:rolleyes:

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know what's even worse ... Ebay hasn't replied to her complaint made 7 days ago and they state upto 72 hours for a response. The only thing I can think of is that he got more money for the items which isn't the first time that has happened. Who knew that such a fun hobby could be plagued with such awful people. You'd think that her telling him that they were Christmas gifts for her elderly dad would have made a difference.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just wanted to update everyone that my friend has received her package with almost all the cars. I want to apologize for calling him out on the board but it was the only option I could think of. In the end it all worked out and everyone is happy!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts